Today was the day, Dan's SA. Our doctor is nice enough to let him to it in the comfort of our home. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Dan just wasn't overly excited about doing his business in a cup. So I left him in the house and sat in the car, in the garage, with the motor running, as to not disturb him
2. When he was done, he ran the cup out to me, I barely said thanks and then peeled out of the driveway. Why? Because you only have freaking 30 minutes to get the thing to the hospital. Geez!
3. I somehow get behind every slow person on the road. And of course I would, I have a cup of sperm that I have tucked into my waistband to keep it warm
4. I have a HORRIBLE gag reflex. As I am driving, I realize that I have a cup of sperm in under my shirt. It starts making me sick and I gag the rest of the way to the hospital
5. I pull in with 5 minutes to spare and literally have to book it into the hospital, up the stairs and into the lab. I pretty much push someone out of the way because I have a "time sensitive specimen" that needs attention
6. The woman that checks me in says SPERM about 20 times in her convo to me. So much for HIPPA regulations. Everyone in that room knew I brought in a cup of my husbands stuff for analysis.
And now the wait begins. By this time next week, we should have the results. Pray for lots of well shaped, highly mobile swimmers!
3 days ago