Monday, June 2, 2008

A New Day

To preface- Celine Dion normally annoys me, not a huge fan. However, I was driving to work this AM and heard one of her songs on the radio. Here are the lyrics:

"A New Day Has Come"


I was waiting for so long
For a miracle to come
Everyone told me to be strong
Hold on and don't shed a tear

Through the darkness and good times
I knew I'd make it through
And the world thought I had it all
But I was waiting for you

I see a light in the sky
Oh, it's almost blinding me
I can't believe
I've been touched by an angel with love

Let the rain come down and wash away my tears
Let it fill my soul and drown my fears
Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun

A new day has... come

Where it was dark now there's light
Where there was pain now there's joy
Where there was weakness, I found my strength
All in the eyes of a boy


The song caught my attention. I looked into it a little more and apparently Celine Dion struggled with IF and got pregnant with IVF. I don't know anything about her story after that, but it helped me put the song into perspective. A New Day. It sounds nice and full of promise. One of the hardest things about struggling to conceive is the toll it puts on you physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and heck, even financially. I want to be pregnant more than anything in the world. But I also want a New Day. One where I dont wake up and take my temperature. One where I dont count cycle days in my head because Im nervous that I am missing my fertile time. One where the process of TTC does not consume my every day and sometimes even my every second. I still believe it will come. Call me crazy, overly optimistic, naive, or what have you. But I believe that my New Day will come, one way or another. And that gives me hope.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

A New Day...that would be great. I think having your mind set that a new day WILL come helps a lot.
((hugs))

Lindsey said...

So I am one of few, but I love Celine Dion and of course love this song. It's very fitting and I know a New Day will come for you Shan, you are meant to be a mother.
Big hugs and lots of luv to you.

hopefaithlove said...

A new day will be here before you know it!

Stephanie said...

I've never thought of those lyrics related to TTTC before. It makes a lot of sense now. I try to think that way too, that one day our time will come. Thanks for the dose of inspiration for the day. :) I can't wait for all of us to have our 'New Day'.

Ro said...

Than New Day will definitely come, Hon! I believe it for you AND for me!

-Wed

gringa78 said...

I know that there is nothing that can be said to ease any of the pain you're going through, but I just want you to know that there are people out here in the world who feel for you and are pulling for you.

I remember when I was single and watching all my friends fall in love and get married...I used to tell myself, "I don't know when the day will come when it will be my turn, but each day that passes puts me one day closer to getting there". Each day that passes brings you one step closer to being a mother...and it will happen.

lovealways6565 said...

Yep! :) The new day will come!! I love that song! :) Shannon your new day will be here before ya kow it!! Love ya hun!