Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


I picked up this book from the library after hearing how good the movie was. I am more of a "book girl" and I didnt want to see the movie and ruin the book for myself.

THIS BOOK IS AWESOME. Its full of history, which of course has been edited to make it more entertaining, but if you know anything about history, you will be able to follow a lot of the plot and compare to what really happened. The book is scandalous and racy in a way that is interesting- because it really happened. If you need a book to read, I highly recommend this one. I got it on Friday and am already on page 300 of 650, its that good!

7 comments:

Marijana said...

Unrelated to your blog entry, I'd like to say that I sincerely love you, Shan. You always leave the nicest comments on my blog. I wish you lived closer so we could be GP buddies IRL :) MUAH!

Stephanie said...

Good to know! I am always looking for good books to read. :)

Stephanie said...

I have TAGGED you! See my blog to see what this means. :)

Lindsey said...

OH my gosh, I love this book!! I read it a few months ago and couldn't tear myself away. After you finish this you'll have to read The Boleyn Inheritance, so good.

hopefaithlove said...

I love to read, I can read books in one day. Sometimes I have trouble putting them down! Any other suggestions on novels? I will have some free time this summer (not taking any classes)

Marijana said...

hey shan--thanks for your post on my blog about tonight's entry. I'm actually not going to SEE my OB tomorrow, but rather, she is calling me to talk about what I can do about my LP. I was thinking maybe progesterone cream, but I want to ask her opinions first. Thanks for again for your comment. Its all really confusing and I'm just kinda taking it with a grain of salt. I don't think the acupressurist would be the type to lie or backpeddle b/c he was wrong...but at the same time, if a chemical pregnancy would have been detected on an hpt, then I can't make much sense out of it. I'll for sure be asking my OB about whether or not that's even possible. Hugs to you too! Oh and by the way, AF really is here...she started up again this evening. **sigh**

kate said...

I just stumbled on your blog and had to comment. I LOVED this book and ended up passing it on to so many people. The movie was a huge letdown after reading the book. Have you finished it yet?