Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crosshairs and a gift

So I awoke this AM to an elevated temp and my dear ol' pal Fertility Friend finally gave me my crosshairs. The benefit to late crosshairs is that Im already 5 DPO. Yeah, pretty awesome. Should I try pineapple core? Um, well its already too late, which is ok with me. Now im just going to sit back and hope for my body to do its thing.

I also need some gift suggestions. Dan and I will be celebrating 5 years of wedding bliss next Saturday. I have always gotten him something along the lines of the "traditional" anniversary gift. For 5 years, the gift is supposed to be made out of wood. Help me, please!

7 comments:

Marijana said...

is it bad that you said "wood" and I immediately thought "boner?"

Shannon said...

OMG, Im dying. A boner, love it

floridakat said...

Hmmm...we do the traditional gifts as well, and I'll be looking at the "wood" anniversary in another 358 days. What about a really nice valet box? I think redenvelope.com sells one...the nice wooden boxes for their dressers lined with velvet to hold keys, wallet, watch, etc.?

Or, since you all are golfers, you could always pick out a nice new "wood" for his golf game. ; )

Shannon said...

laughing at the boner...I thought the same thing!! The golf club idea is nice. I got Remko a nice picture of the farm that I had framed(paper for first year) but you could have a nice picture framed with wood?
I know this is cheesy but do you have a porch? What about two rocking chairs? Or a set of Muskoka chairs? Or a tree for your backyard? Ok I will think some more and get back to you

Mary said...

Is there a new piece of furniture you two have wanted?

I was also thinking of a new golf club.

Silvina said...

Wood gifts can be pretty tough. John and I don't follow those traditional rules, I think I could never come up with any good ideas. But perhaps a wooden frame with a picture of you two?

Shannon said...

Ok so I had no idea what a adirondack chair was so I had to google it lol. It turns out its a what we call a Muskoka chair! We have them all over here, especially now that its the summer. Up at our cottage they sell them every where, and in all different colours. I think thats a great idea! You can also get a little side table to sit in between each of the chairs that matches.