Thursday, July 24, 2008

Early Anniversary

Since we are leaving early tomorrow for our trip, I wanted to do my "anniversary shout out" today. Saturday, July 26th, marks 5 years since I married Dan. I cant believe how quickly time has went but its fun to look back on all of our memories.

Dan and I met in college and started dating after he confessed to me during our senior year that he had a crush on me. We went on our first date to Houlihan's 8 years ago and the rest is history. This picture was taken the weekend we graduated:














We got engaged on the 4th of July. Dan was so nervous that he locked his keys into his car when he went to get the ring, except he didn't notice at first. He asked me to marry him under the finale of fireworks and as we joyously walked back to the car, he realized. And was mortified. Almost 2 hours later, a rent-a-cop was able to pry his door open and he would go home. Oh the memories! Here is a picture my mom took the weekend we got engaged:














We got married on an overcast Saturday but the rain stopped as we left the church and stayed out the rest of the day. I still have people tell me to this day that they have never seen a bride smile so much as she came down the aisle. And its true, I did smile like crazy. Because I was marrying the man who has filled my heart with so much love and joy thats it indescribable. This is Dan and I with our parents:




















Our wedding song was Sara Evans "I could not ask for more" It pretty much sums up the way we felt then and the way that I can only pray we feel forever.

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

7 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary Shannon!

osuraj said...

Happy Anniversary! :-)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Happy early anniversary - enjoy your trip!

Silvina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm sure it will be nice to get away from the everyday life. See you when you get back.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip!

Nichole1121 said...

Happy Anniversary Shannon! You guys are so cute! Have a good weekend away!!

Shannon said...

Aww Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your story with us. You two are adorable!
Have a great trip