Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scared

So about 2 months ago, I got this freckle thing on my lip. Its on my lower lip and seriously looks like a freckle. Its not raised, it doesnt hurt, I just cover it up with lip gloss and move on.

Well I was talking to a neighbor the other day and she was like "whats on your lip, I've never seen that before" I told her it just kinda showed up and I think its a freckle. She proceeded to tell me that she thinks (because she is not a nurse, doctor, etc so what the hell does she know) that its skin cancer and I should get it checked.

Of course, I Google "skin cancer on the lip" and see tons of pictures that look nothing like my lip but now I am worried I have skin cancer. Shit on a stick. I made an appt for a dermatologist but they cant see me for 2 weeks. 2 weeks of worrying about skin cancer on my stupid lip. Good lord.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I'm sure it's nothing, but good for you for getting an appt. Then you'll have some peace of mind! Hang in there!

Bliss04 said...

it never hurts to get things checked out. that's why we have insurance right? is there another derm place that could get you in sooner?

jbwife said...

Thanks a lot you stupid neighbor for overreacting and taking things to a place they didn't need to go.
I worry over little things, so I'm glad you're getting it checked out, but geez, she really didn't need to say that.

Stephanie said...

I hope it is nothing. I hope the 2 weeks go by fast!!