Tuesday, August 19, 2008

20 (or 21) things about me

Redrose tagged my blog and challenged me to list 20 Random things about me. (I picked 21, because thats just how I am) I thought it would be easy but it took me over a day to come up with my list. Here it is. And you should try it, too. Comment on my blog if you make your own list, Id love to read:

1. I have visited 40 out of 50 states
2. My sister is my best girlfriend. My mom takes a close second.
3. I am obsessed with cleaning supplies. I just counted and I have 6 different kids of Pledge. Help me.
4. I use tons of coupons. I typically save about $20 a week on groceries, at a minimum. Which is good considering I rarely spend over $50.
5. My first car was a 1991 Honda Accord. The radio didn’t work good and I used to kick it (while driving) to get some sound out of it. Kinda dangerous.
6. I won a “Just say No” contest when I was 6. The prize was a $500 savings bond. I cashed it in and used it to buy my first books in college
7. I met my MOH online when we were in HS. We talked for 2 years before our parents let us fly to meet one another
8. I hate rollercoasters or any kind of rides. I have horrible motion sickness. Needless to say, I haven’t been to an amusement park in a long time.
9. I will never own a dog or cat. I like other people’s animals but its not for me.
10. I never buy expensive greeting cards. I spend hours looking through the ones at Dollar Tree or Factory Card outlet until I find the nicest but cheapest ones.
11. My first job was at Boston Market. I refused to be a server, I wanted to be a meat cutter so they let me. I also sometimes wore the chicken costume and waved to cars
12. My best memory as a child is Christmas time. My grandparents always had someone dress up as Santa and bring us gifts. I swear I can remember every Christmas
13. I could easily drink a 12 pack in one night while in college. Now, Im lucky if I can get down a beer or two
14. I love Christian music. Its inspiring and uplifting, whats better than that?
15. I always wanted to be a meteorologist when I was a kid. I used to watch the weather channel for hours
16. I have an extreme fear of ants. Im ok with spiders, bees, etc. But ants scare the crap out of me.
17. I have met 3 out of 4 grandparents and 4 of my great grandparents. Plus my one grandma has had a “boyfriend” for 25 years, who I consider my grandpa. So I had 4 grandparents up until last January. My sister and I never had a babysitter, we always had one set of grandparents watch us. It’s the greatest blessing in my life to have known them all.
18. I have never had a cavity. Which is amazing, since I used to be addicted to pop. Like drinking a two liter a day addicted. Yikes.
19. I used to think I didn’t care, but Im kinda sad about turning 30 in 6 months. I don’t know if it’s the lack of being pregnant or what, but Im bummed
20. I am always early. I don’t think I have ever been late to anything in my life. I get this from my dad. When I was younger, he and I would be waiting in the car for nearly 15 minutes before my sister and mom would saunter out. Drove us nuts!
21. I have realized that you can still be nice while being honest and truthful. Also, you don’t have to make everyone happy. As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters. Taking care of yourself is number 1. Because in the end, there is no guarantee that anyone will take care of you but you. And if people attack you for it, screw ‘em!

3 comments:

Lemon said...

Shannon, I really enjoyed reading 21 things about you! I am so blessed to know you!

Mary said...

I loved reading more about you Shannon! I put 20 things about me in my blog as well.

Nichole said...

Hi Shannon! Loved your list so I made my own. It is definitly harder than it sounds!