Monday, August 4, 2008

Marriage

I was talking to my grandpa today and our conversation turned to marriage. My grandma just passed away last year so its not an easy thing for him to talk about, they were married 50+ years. In our conversation, he told me the following:

Marriage isnt easy, its alot of work. But if you're lucky, one day you'll be 70 years old and your kids will be grown and married with kids of their own and you'll be driving down the street and look over at your wife. And you'll realize you haven't spoken for an hour but you didnt have to. Because she always knows what you have to say and the comfort between you is enough because your silence speaks volumes. That is love.

Well crap. If Im lucky to have half as much love as my grandparents had for one another, I think I will be pretty happy.

2 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

I think anyone who can look at their spouse and think that is very blessed. What a wonderful example of marriage you've witnessed!

Shannon said...

What a sweet story! And it sounds like you have an awesome example to live by :)
Thanks for you comments today :) I'm just going to wait another few days and see what happens