Thursday, August 28, 2008

There is a reason

I have come to realize that I am easily moved by music. I oftentimes find songs that I identify with and songs that inspire me. In church last Sunday, I was brought to full tears by this song. Some of the tears came from my struggle to get pregnant but many of the tears come from other questions in my life that I dont have answers to. As I listened to the lyrics and prayed with all I am to God, I again found comfort. And I felt his love, it felt good. Here are the lyrics and the actual video. The song is "There is a reason" This is the Caedmons Call version.

late at night I wonder why
sometimes I wonder why
sometimes I’m so tired
I don’t even try
seems everything around me fails
but I hold on to the promise
that there is a reason

late at night, the darkness makes it hard to see
the history of the saints who’ve gone in front of me
through famine, plague and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
cause there is a reason
there is a reason

He makes all things good
He makes all things good
there’s a time to live and a time to die
a time for wonder and to wonder why
cause there is a reason
there is a reason

i believe in a God who sent His only son
to walk upon this world and give His life for us
with blood and tears on a long, dark night
we know that He believed
that there is a reason
there is a reason

for the lonely nights
and broken hearts
the widow's mite
in the rich man's hand
and the continent
whose blood becomes a traitor

for the child afraid to close their eyes
the prayers that seem unanswered
there is a reason
there is a reason



6 comments:

Mary said...

And now I'm crying more than I was before. Thais beautiful Shannon. Thanks for sharing.

Silvina said...

I so agree that there is a reason for everything. I also believe that everything happens for a reason. I know believing in that is what helps me get through the tough times in my life. Otherwise, I think we would fall apart with no belief. Your amazing how strong you are, and we just have to keep believing that there is a reason for these tough times.

lovealways6565 said...

amazing song shan!! =) Im so glad you are keeping a good spirit. =) I know it will be soon when i find out about baby LA! =) I was on the board this AM are you not frequenting that board anymore? any way keep your chin up you are an amazing person!! Love ya!

Shannon said...

Love this song Shannon! I think its my new inspirational song that I will have to play over and over again. It really brought me up. Thanks girl!!

Stephanie said...

That is an amazing song. I find that I am moved by music too. Last weekend in church I sobbed through most of the hour I was there. Sometimes because of the words being spoken and the message we were hearing, other times from the music. It feels amazing when God really does reach out and touch you and shows you that He is here with us and he does know what we are going through.

Abbie said...

I just came across your blog and thought I would share another blog with you. It took them 5 years to eventually get pregnant and if I'm not mistaken (I only skimmed through the blog) they didn't do fertility treatments for all those five years just for one or two. Right now she writes a lot about her sister and brother in law though who were in a plane crash a few weeks ago. I thought her story might be inspiring to you and give you hope that it can happen! :)

Blog address is:
blog.cjanerun.com