Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The good things

Im an optimistic person by nature. I've always wanted to see the good in every situation and every person. I dont have it in me to be bitter although I have tried. In the end, I just cant do it.

Its been hard at times to be optimistic about TTC, but Im continuing to work on that. Im not saying that being optimistic will get me pregnant but I do know that, for me, optimism coupled with faith is the only way Im going to continue to get through this.

So here are some of the good things that have come out of TTC:

1. Dan and I have grown incredibly close. I always thought we had a good marriage before TTC but when I look back on this past year, I see such an amazing growth in our marriage.

2. I have met amazing new people via The Nest. Some of the girls on there have saved me, supported me and cared for me when I thought I couldn't go on. The friendships we have formed are strong and I am so thankful for them.

3. I have been given opportunities to teach people what I know about TTC. I am now a resource for alot of my friends, co-workers, etc when it comes to TTC. I spent alot of time learning about the process when we first started and over the past 15 months, learning more and more has become therepeutic for me. The good thing is that I am able to share that knowledge with those who want it and, in turn, help them.

4. Dan and I have had all this time to continue saving money so that I can be a SAHM when and if I want to. We are very committed to this and our savings is truly reflecting this.

5. My devotion to God has evolved into a loyal and patient faith. I trust that He will provide for us and that He will take care of us. I trust that He has a plan for us. I believe that His plan includes me being a mom. And I am willinge to continue being faithful and paitent. Because I know it will be worth it.



8 comments:

hopefaithlove said...

I wish I had this outlook, can yous end some over to me. I am BITTER and I hate that.

Silvina said...

I love your optimism. You definitely inspire a lot of people. I think being optimistic is what really helps us get through these tough TTC times. Good luck.

Kristi said...

So nice to see all the positive you've found in your TTC journey. I know it's so easy to get down in the dumps and only see the negative, and it's so nice to realize that there's a positive side too! Continue keeping the faith & God will lead you over the "speed bumps"...you only have to allow him to take the wheel!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Shan!

jbwife said...

I think this is why so many girls look to you for support and advice. You are such a strong woman of God that is willing to share your experiences and faith with the rest of us. I think God is using you Shannon, to share your strength and trust. He knows just what He's doing!

lovealways6565 said...

You know what, i think you are such an amazing person shannon. You always look on the bright side of things and you care about everyone. I know when I was down you were the one to cheer me up. I believe that God does have a plan for you and it does include being a mother. =) I pray for you every day shannon, you are always in my heart and on my mind!! =) love ya!

Carly said...

i love you shannie! big hugs and you are such a beautiful person, inside & out

ps- this comment just got rejected b/c i screwed up the verification letters, it made me think of you - here's to my 2nd attempt

Stephanie said...

You are awesome Shannon! I love your optimism. It isn't always easy to look for the silver linings in this, but on the days you can see that silver lining, it really is amazing. I keep you in my prayers always.