Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just checking in...

I have been busy since my last entry but now I am enjoying my day off so I thought I would update.

Work has slowed down. I dont think I have to go on "storm duty" to another region so thats good. The worst case scenario is a trip to Columbus or Cincinnati, but those are both not too far from Cleveland.

My period came and went. I will begin temping again tomorrow. I was alot more angry at the end of last cycle. Most times, I have been sad but there was something about this cycle that really made me mad. I guess its a combination of anger, despair, frustration and just being exhausted. Because I am just physically and mentally exhausted. But I have been praying a lot about it and am continuing to pull strength. And of course I have hope for this cycle. I hope this is it for Dan and I. I guess we'll see in 25 days!

In other new, Dan and I are taking this awesome class at church. Its based on the book "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs. Today was the 4th class (we go once a week, before the church service) and I have to tell you, its making a difference in our marriage. When I have more time, I will do an entry on the entire book but for now, Im recommending it to anyone who wants to improve their marriage.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!


"I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:13-14

6 comments:

Angela said...

we actually used a portion of that book in our marriage mentoring class that we had to take before we got married. it is a good one!

Mary said...

That is an awesome book!
I pray for ou every night Snannon!

Silvina said...

I have to look into that book. I never heard of it, but sounds like a good one. I hope you keep those spirits up. I know how draining this whole TTC can be, it's unbelivable. Take care and have a nice week too.

Kristi said...

Shannon, you're the second person in a week that has reccommended that book to me. I think I'll be making a trip to B&N at lunch...I'm very curious to see your follow-up post on it.

Niki said...

let me know if you'll be heading down to cincy! :o) GTG!
that sounds like a really neat class and book!

Carrie Weaver said...

I've just started reading that book and I've loved it!