Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Work: The Good and The Bad

Life as an insurance adjuster is just not that glamorous. Since the remnants of Ike moved through over the weekend, it caused substantial damage to the states my company writes business in, including OH. We got over 200 claims yesterday just in my territory alone. Kinda crazy.

The Bad is: I will be working looooong hours (12-14 per day) for the next week or two weeks. It gets pretty tiring after awhile

The Good is: We get paid extra for working the hours. Not that money gives me back my time, sleep and sanity but its a decent trade off.

So I will be MIA for awhile but I will try to check in when Im not on a roof, looking at blown off siding or writing an estimate.

On TTC front, I am 7 DPO and still temping. Geez, Im a a creature of habit. I have tried not to temp but I just cant do it. I will test on Wednesday of next week and since I will be so busy with work, I think it will come quickly!

9 comments:

Leannabanna said...

GL with work and temps!
I hope staying busy keeps your mind off of it :)

Niki said...

Was thinking of you Sunday.. We got slammed here in Dayton and thought "oh, Shannon's gonna have her hands full if this hits her area".. Be careful out there! Things here are still pretty bad with trees continuing to fall and wires breaking..
and GL with the charting :o) one more week...

lovealways6565 said...

I was wondering if you would be affected and have to do all those claims! Good luck with the testing weds! =) My fingers are crossed!

Kristi said...

I agree with you...I always say that I'm going to "try" not to temp but I can never bring myself to actually NOT do it! I don't know, I'm always afraid I'm gonna miss something...crazy, I know!

Anyway, GL with working the long hours...maybe you should treat yourself to a little shopping withe the extra $$!! FUN!!

hopefaithlove said...

I can not give up temping either, it is my vice. You will be missed.

Kristin (kekis) said...

The residuals of Ike were crazy! I live in Dallas (helloooo - 5 hours north of Houston) and we got some rain. Yep, just some rain. Hope you are able to get claims at work situated/settled quickly.

GL this cycle. I know what you mean about temping!

Tara said...

Good luck with work and your 2ww. You've been tagged, eventhough I don't think you will have time for it :)

Lindsey said...

I totally know what you mean about temping, the ONLY reason I didn't temp in my 3rd cycle was because we were camping and I didn't bring my thermometer, otherwise I would've done it. Sad that you'll be MIA, but it's nice that time will fly by for you in the second half of the 2ww :)

Sarah said...

I'll miss you but good luck with the extra money!