Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The purchase of pants

There are many things in my life that have been affected by our TTC journey. One has been my wardrobe. When we started TTC in June 07, I quit buying new clothes. Why? Well, I thought I would get pregnant right away, of course. So instead of buying regular clothes, I was going to wait until it was time to buy maternity clothes. Oh sweet-naive-early-days-of-TTC-Shannon, if only you knew.

Fast forward to 16+ months later. I got up this morning and went to pick out an outfit and it occured to me. I have bought NOTHING new in all this time. I take that back. I bought a dress. The one I bought for a bachelorette party so that my friend would quit calling me old (Apparently Ann Taylor is not appropriate clubbing material) This realization angered me. I was so angry with myself that I had put my life on hold for all this time. And what does an angry girl do? She shops!

I warned Dan ahead of time because I knew it could get pricey. He was very supportive so today, between appointments, I hit the mall. When it was all said and done, I bought 3 pairs of pants and 3 sweaters along with 2 tops. It felt so good to pick out items I liked and buy them and not worry if my pregnant (or not pregnant cause who knows anymore) butt will fit into size 8 Limited Cassidy Pants in a month or two.

I wish I would have done this earlier because I FEEL GREAT. And I look great, too :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

12 comments:

hopefaithlove said...

I love shopping therapy! Buy as much as your like b/c then you will end up pregnant. GL this cycle, fingers crossed for you!

Carly said...

YAY for retail therapy... you deserve it, and I hope your butt does not fit into those pants very soon- i hope it with all my heart.
but in the meantime- is there room for me too? cause i sure would love to get in your pants..jajaja

Kelly said...

Congrats on your shopping spree, I hope the new clothes make you feel beautiful and strong ;o)

lovealways6565 said...

I love to go shopping especially when I'm in a bad mood! lol! YAY for new clothes though! I refuse to buy anymore clothes! :( I just know I'm gonna get fatter! lol! ; )

Kristi said...

Good for you Shan!! You so deserve it!! Hope the new clothes help to put a smile on your face! I'm sure you look fab!!!

Mary said...

It's amazing how a little retail therapy boosts your spirits! :)

Shannon said...

Ahhh I love shopping, especially when its for 'therapy'. I too am guilty of not buying clothes 'in case' I get pregnant. :-( GL this cycle. And lots of hugs

Ro said...

Rock it, Shan! I know you look great!

((HUGS))

Scullyhoyy said...

I totally feel you shannon, I don't want to buy stuff & because it might be the month. But you can't live like that. I am so happy that buying the new clothes helped a little. You really give me strenghth! ((hugs))
I heart you girl!

Leannabanna said...

Thats great Shannon - shopping can be the best medicine sometimes.

Stephanie said...

Good for you for shopping!!! New clothes always make me feel so good!

Molly said...

Way to go, Shannon!