Monday, November 24, 2008

The Cleveland Browns and a TTC update

Dear The Cleveland Browns,

Hi, its me. I have watched you for almost 30 years now. When I was a kid, my sister and I would line up all of our pound puppies so that we could watch you play. As we got older, we made up cheers and yelled for you. Bernie Kosar- you were my idol. As I got even older, I drank many-a-beers watching you play on Sunday. For as long as I can remember, you have been my Sunday-staple. Even when mean ol' Art Model stole you away, I still relished the day that you would come back.

Now that you've been back for awhile, I have to get this off my chest. Can you just stop sucking so bad? Every Sunday I get up in anticipation of the game and each night I go to bed with the dread and despair that results from watching interception after interception and dropped pass after dropped pass. I just dont know how much more my heart can take.

Dawg Pound Love Forever,

SLG :)




Sorry, I really had to get that out. On the TTC front, I am around 13 DPO. No signs of that mean, miserable AF...yet. We'll see. Hope everyone is enjoying the begining of a short work week!

16 comments:

Tara said...

Sorry about the Browns, their time will come though!! Don't give up hope!
I also hope that AF stays away! GL!!

Scullyhoyy said...

I know how you feel about your Team, the Eagles are sucking a$$ this year.
Sending tons of BFP dust your way Shannon!

Nichole said...

Pretty funny letter to the Browns! I love the pound puppies comment. I can just see you now! Maybe you need to bring them back out!
Praying for you BFP!!

Lindsay said...

Hahaha, sad to say but my letter to the saints would be the exact same. We stink... but then again we always do so I should be used to it, right?? Hope AF stays far far away. Any plans to test?

Lindsay said...

I hope that AF stays away! When are you planning to test?

Niki said...

LOL, I feel your pain Shan! I'm stuck with Bengals season tix we can't GIVE away... Maybe the football fairy (there's a visual!) will come to Ohio next season..
*fingers crossed* for a BFP for you!! :o)

Mel said...

Haha, the Eagles are making me want to cry, so I feel your pain!
13 DPO is pretty fabulous, too! Hope things continue to stay positive - when should we start stalking you for POAS results?

Silvina said...

Sorry about the Browns!!! I hope AF stays away and it's a BFP. GL hun!

Molly said...

A guy I dated in college interned as an athletic trainer with the Browns. (random tidbit of information for you)

I hope 13dpo turns into 18 dpo!!!

mtendere said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I used to read yours lots when you were posting more. Now, I'll have to mark it so that I can come by and see how things are going. I hope a BFP is on its way soon...and better luck for your team!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

How funny! I hope they listen to your letter. I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope this is your cycle. I'll be glued to your blog (since I can't stalk your chart anymore) in the next few days!

Katie said...

It could be worse - I grew up an Oilers fan! I still remember that terrible day when we were on the losing end of the biggest comeback in playoff history.

Love the pound puppies! I too will be stalking your blog in the absence of a chart - I really hope this is it!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bliss04 said...

i know how you feel, my NFL team sucks the big one this year. oh well! i'll be waiting for bfp news!

Carly said...

I respect you for being a fan in good times and bad... shows how true you are to your team
I am stalking your chart and praying for you- I hope you get a thanksgiving surprise

gringa78 said...

I woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering if you were testing...keep us posted!

MUAH!!!