Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A memory

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my uncle Rob's passing. Its still hard for me to believe he is gone. He was my only uncle, my dad's only brother. He passed away at age 50, on his wedding anniversary, of a heart attack. My family was so distraught and although a year has passed, the pain is still there.

Here is a picture of my dad, Grandpa and Uncle Rob (left) This was taken in September at my sister's rehearsal dinner, 2 months before he passed.
Tomorrow will be a hard day, especially for my aunt and my dad and grandpa. I pray that they find some comfort and continued strength.

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

18 comments:

Leannabanna said...

Oh Shannon, words can't express how sorry I am for your familys loss. I know all too well how that feels. Just know that he is looking down on you guys and will always be in your heart.

goeckie said...

(((HUGS)))

Danse said...

::hugs::

Tara said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope that your family is strong and remembers the happy times.

Eris1995 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Shannon.

Bliss04 said...

shan, i'm sorry for the loss of your uncle, but just think of the wonderful place he is right now. maybe even holding your future baby, getting ready to release him/her to you. all my support to your family!

lovealways6565 said...

oh shan, I'm sorry for your loss! Keep your chin up! ((hugs))

Silvina said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to deal with the pain when you lose a loved one, especially one that young. I hope your family finds comfort today and remembers all the good memories he left behind.

AMG said...

Shannon, I'm so sorry for your loss! ((HUGS))

Audrey said...

(((HUGS))) sweet Shannie. I love you so.

Ro said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Shan. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

((HUGS))

A said...

(((HUGS)))

I lost an uncle last year as well. It was extremly hard for us, becuase like your uncle, he was young and it was sudden. I think of him often and I'm positive he's with me all of the time! I'm sure your uncle is with you as well!

Kristi said...

Oh Shan, since losing my Dad in August, I often wonder if time really does heal all wounds? I am so very sorry for your loss. Please take comforst in the fact that your Uncle Rob is home safe in the arms of our Lord.

(((HUGS)))

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry for your loss!

flojat said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, sweetie.

Melissa said...

So sorry HUGS!

Amy Fandrei said...

Shannon, I'm sorry I missed this until now. I can't imagine how difficult that day must be for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when it happened, too.

♥RedRose101307♥ said...

(((Hugs)))