Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time to grow up?

I will be 30 in less than 3 months, so is it time to grow up? You be the judge. Here is what I did today.

A couple days ago, I ordered the Twilight boxed set from Amazon (Indication numeral uno that I might need to grow up, IMO) Anyways, I get an email yesterday that my order should be delivered today. I proceed to talk about Edward, Bella, Forks and the arrival of my books all last night.

Our mail comes around noon. So around 11:30, I begin to watch for the mailman. Promptly at noon (lucky for him he wasnt late) he pulls up in front of our house. The moment I see him reach for the box which can only contain my beloved books, I bolt. Yes, I push my dear husband out of the way and run down the driveway. I then grab the box out of his hand, run back up the driveway and leave the mailman standing there, with the rest of our mail. Dan has to come down to get it and then he and the mailman proceed to watch me yell "Twilight is here, Woohoo!"

So do I need to grow up? Or do I simply need a life? Its a tough call. In the meantime, Im going to be re-reading the greatest young adult series since, well, The Babysitter's Club. *sigh*

Hope everyone is having a good day!

13 comments:

Eris1995 said...

hahaha, I love that story :) I wonder what was going through the mailman's head.

Lindsey said...

And this is why I love you. I would've done the exact same thing, muah. Have fun reading!

AMG said...

Too funny! :)

JNR said...

No you do not need to grow up, it is clearly something you enjoy!

Scullyhoyy said...

Shann, your too funny!
Only taking the box & leaving the rest of the mail, is priceless.

Mary said...

I can see this all happening. :) No reason to grow up babe!

kinsey said...

i just started Twilight yesterday...i'm so excited about it! i've heard the whole series is great.

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I turned 30 in August and I still have my immature moments. Age is just a number...always stay young at heart. :)

A said...

no, I don't think you need to grow up at all!

Side note.... I read your blog often. I used to be on The Nest pretty often in March and April. Ever since I've found out I do not ovulate, I've been infrequent on GP, but I've continued to read your blog. You've inspired me to blog myself! GL to you, Shannon!

Carly said...

no way- i think the people i love most in this world, are the ones who still have a bit of a kid inside and can get excited over things like that.

Kristi said...

HAHA!!! I'm right there with you my friend.....IMpatiently waiting for 11/21!!!!

osuraj said...

I'm excited for you...I finally broke down and read the first book of the series...and LOVED it. I'm super excited for the movie too. :-)

Audrey said...

I reread some Sweet Valley High books last month. I'm in no position to judge.