Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter and Phantom Symptoms

Apparently winter is showing up full force in NE Ohio. I have some likes and dislikes about it:

Dislike- Idiot drivers, skidding on ice, snow flattening my hair, dirty snow, freezing my butt off, scraping my windshield and gloves. I despise gloves. I cant hold my cell phone, I cant get my keys out of my bag, I cant do ANYTHING while wearing gloves. I hate, hate, hate them.

Likes- Ugg boots and blasting Christmas music. Ugg boots are a wonderful thing. They keep my feet warm and they are so comfy. Also, I blast Christmas music in my car from, well now until Christmas, especially when it starts snowing early.

Its currently snowing pretty heavy although we only have a couple inches. Im sure a few more will add up before tomorrow.

I have also decided what I hate worst about TTC. It has to be the phantom symptoms. Why must they mess with my head? This cycle (and mind you I cant be more than like 8 DPO) I have sharp pains in my boobs and cramps. I'd like to think Im not making this stuff up but ya know what? I dont know anymore. Maybe I do make it up. Honestly, I wouldnt put it past me :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!


"When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrow like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul"

18 comments:

Shanny said...

Snow already. Crap.

I share your dislikes, specially the gloves... so unhelpful!

And I too suffer from IPS: Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms. They really mess with your head!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

We haven't had any snow here in MN yet, but just knowing it's coming irritates me. I hate gloves, too!

Mary said...

You need to get yourself some Isotoner gloves with the finger grippers - I love them!

Stupid phantom symptoms! Let's hope they aren't phantom this cycle! :)

((hugs))

Lindsay said...

I am kinda jealous of your snow, that is one thing that rarely happens in GA!

Eris1995 said...

I woke up this morning feeling like it was Christmas- I look outside and there was snow! Only a dusting that disappeared quickly though.

Mel said...

snow! we had some here in pa, too. the light kind that swirls around your face and never lands, but snow none the less. give us a week and we'll be skidding down the roads, too. i don't know if i'm ready yet.

and as to phantom symptoms - they take down the best of us. here's hoping you've got the real thing!

Silvina said...

I wish we had snow here in MA. Nothing yet, although they say we might get a 10% chance, which means nothing. I hear you with your symptoms, I think we all have them. Gl to you this cycle.

flojat said...

Gawd, I don't miss driving in snow! Be careful out there. As always, fingers super crossed that those symptoms are real as anything. : )

osuraj said...

Phantom symptoms are the worst...seriously, they just make the whole process more annoying!!!

I share your feelings about gloves 100%.

Lindsay said...

IPS: Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms... this has got to be the best thing I have ever hear. I would venture to say that all of us who are TTC suffer from IPS. Sorry this cycle is playing tricks on you.

Kristi said...

We had snow flurries in NJ yesterday, and I have to say I LOVE it!! I LOVE the snow, but hate the cold! And I second the hating gloves...ugh!

I'm praying that your "phantom symptoms" are the real thing this cycle!! Never lose hope...God is in control!!

(((HUGS)))

Lindsey said...

You can send some snow my way! I'm so looking forward to the Holidays, it's almost time to decorate the house for Christmas :)

Tara said...

No snow here, yet but it is definitely cold!
I hope you are having a good week and your phantom symptoms are real! Good luck!

Grasso10 said...

I LOVE Christmas music and it's taking everything in me to wait until Black Friday to put the tree up! I was so excited when I saw the snow this week--then I walked outside and remembered how COLD it gets!

I'm always praying for you guys! Enjoy your holidays! :o)
P.S. How do you know Jeri Leigh? She went to HS with my husband! Small world!

Kristi said...

I too hate gloves and try my hardest not to wear hats. (As they ruin my hair that I just styled.) Maybe you should consider hibernating for the winter?!!

Audrey said...

Phantom symptoms are definitely the worst thing. Bitches. Ugh.

There are perks to snow, like putting on your cute hats and mittens and looking like a little snow bunny. PIP!

AMG said...

We don't have too much snow yet but we get lake effect here so when we get it, we get FEET not inches, of snow!

I really hope your symptoms aren't phantom. I'm praying for you!

jbwife said...

I love me some snow. I saw a few flurries the other day and I did the same thing, blasted the Christmas music.

As for the symptoms, they will not be phantom this cycle, they will not be phantom this cycle, they will not be phantom this cycle!!!