Monday, December 15, 2008

"A Baby Changes Everything"

This song by Faith Hill is amazing. They played it at church yesterday during a Christmas skit and it really made me think.

When the angel came to Mary and told her that she was to be the mother of Jesus, she was overwhelmed. And although she did become the mother of Jesus Christ, her path was anything but easy. She was oftentimes ridiculed for being an unwed mother and suffered persecution for this. She was with Jesus throughout his entire life and eventually watched him suffer and die on the cross. Yet she never questioned God's plan. God saw early on that she was obedient, patient and faithful and he rewarded her with the greatest gift of all- to be a mother.

I had a friend tell me that she is afraid that I am relying on my faith alone to get me through my TTC journey. Its not that at all. Its just that I am making my faith the center of my journey, where it should have been the whole time. We will still pursue IF treatment and I know how far we will go with those treatments to have a baby. But I also know there are no guarantees. And I have to be realistic- I might not ever have a biological baby. It just might not happen for me. But thats where my faith comes in. My faith is what reminds me that no matter what happens, God has a plan for me. My faith is what I am relying on to heal my heart though this process. For me, its what I need to get through this.

On the TTC front- eh, my body is confusing me. After my last + OPK, I took my temp a few times and it was low, low, low so I know I didnt ovulate. Over the past couple days, I got some "near positives" and more O pains so its quite possible I O'd yesterday. I will take my temp in a few more days to confirm.

Have a good week! Oh, here is the video of the Faith Hill song:


7 comments:

Grasso10 said...

That is a great "thinker" of a song! You are right, God has a plan for everyone! I'm always thinking/praying for whatever that plan is for you!! Have a great day Shannon!! :o)

Shanny said...

I think its great that you are relying on faith. Its a way to feel positive and keep you going. Most importantly it helps you make peace with whatever the outcome might be. I have faith that one day you will be a wonderful mother, and I'm crossing my fingers really really hard that it will be biological. Big big hug.

Silvina said...

I think it's great that you rely on faith to get you through this journey. I also rely on my faith and I always believe it's what God wants for me. I truly believe he does have a plan for us.

flojat said...

I love your attitude, your strength and your courage during this journey. If anyone deserves this, it's you, sweets. It may take time, but I truly believe it will happen for you.

Kristi said...

Thanks for reminding me that having faith that God will provide (one way or another) is really what it's all about.

Dianne said...

Wow you are an inspiration!! I am trying to keep the faith!! I know that Gos has plan for all of us, I just wish I knew what that plan was!! Good luck with you cycle!!!

Bliss04 said...

I heard Faith sing that on the Rockefeller Christmas special this year. Very touching.