Thursday, December 18, 2008

Come ON already!

Disclaimer- I know that many people ovulate late into their cycle (if they ovulate at all) so I do not want to disrespect any of my "Late-Ovulation-Pals" I love you girls and hope your ovaries get their stuff in gear soon, too!


Onto my post....

I am so dang irritated this cycle. I have had like 5 + OPK's this month and I am now on CD 23, yet I have not ovulated. Why does this irritate me so much? Well here's my list:

1. I have had to start temping again because I need some way to confirm O. And I dont want to temp. I hate my thermometer, its the devil.

2. It makes me very scared to think about not ovulating. I went through that already and did the Clomid thing. I just dont want to go through it again.

3. I love Dan with all my heart. But the sex-marathon has got to end. I need a rest and Im pretty sure he does, too.

4. I bought the pineapple so I could eat the core. I cut it up on CD 16 thinking Id ovulate any day now. Well now the core is in a tupperware in my fridge and I saw mold growing on it. I gagged when I looked at it and now I cant go into the fridge until Dan comes home and throws it out.

5. Im sick of peeing on the OPK. A couple days? No problem. I have been peeing on them since CD 14. Thats 10 days of trying to find a McDonald's bathroom when I am on the road and then shoving a peed on stick in my pocket so that I can then set it on my dashboard and stare at it.


So anyways, if you could keep my ovaries in your prayers tonight I would appreciate it :)

16 comments:

Dianne said...

Pineapple core? What is this for - I haven't heard anything about pineapples yet?? Also maybe you can switch to sex every other day - it should hopefully still get the job done, while leeting the count rebuild and giving you a break???


GOOD LUCK!!!

AMG said...

Come on O! Your ovaries are in my prayers! :)

PS - the word verification below is "horne" sorry, just thought I'd share! LOL!

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Some of your reasons made me laugh, especially the pineapple one. I know that I, being one that overanalyzes EVERYTHING, get particularly frustrated when something in my cycle seems off. My first month on Clomid drove me nuts, trying to figure out when I was ovulating and how long until my period should start after that. And then planning sex every other day while both my husband and I were sick! Gosh! The crazy things we do to have a baby. I hope your temperature shifts soon, though, confirming ovulation. And then you're back to the 2 week wait! Here's hoping you get your BFP soon too!

A said...

To: Shannon's Ovaries
WAKE UP IN THERE!!

I appreciate the disclaimer, since I'm a no O'er.

Mary said...

Come on OOO!!!

And, I'm sorry but the thought of you peeing on a stick in a McDonald's makes me giggle. :)

Silvina said...

Keeping my fingers cross that you O very soon. I know how irritating that can be. I had irregular cycles for a year with the average cycle around 47 days.

Tara said...

I hope you O soon! GL!

Dave and Elaine said...

Hi! Thanks for your kind comment. Glad to have "met" you through the blogging world!

Kelly said...

::Tossing *sparkly* ovulation dust into the air::

Come ovaries do your magic NOW!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I know how frustrating this is for you having been through it myself. If it makes you feel any better, I had my anov cycle and then the very next (after an induced AF) we got our BFP because my body actually O'd earlier (or on time for most people) after AF came. But, before that I had several cycles with late O...the latest had been CD35, I think...hang in there!! (HUGS)

Lindsay said...

is it wrong i LOL'd at the pineapple and the McDonald's bathroom?? I'm sorry, i know it sucks. ::dumps O dust::

Link41208 said...

Fingers crossed that you O soon! GL

Danse said...

I hear you on all 5 counts. I hope O comes for you soon. That's so annoying.

Ro said...

BOO! That sucks, Shan :( I hope you O soon!

LOL @ McD's though! :)

Carly said...

uggghhhh how frustrating for you! I hope the elusive o shows up for you soon. ((( HUGS )))

Shannon said...

Good Luck Oing!!! I will pray that you O soon! :-)
Lots and lots of hugs!