Monday, December 1, 2008

Good day

Today was a nice day. Dan and I are both off of work for a couple days so we were able to get some shopping done, clean and do some cooking. It was productive yet relaxing. Also, I got over half of my shopping done, woohoo! Now I just need to start Christmas cards and begin wrapping gifts.


I was so overwhelmed by all of the open and heartfelt responses that people left on my blog yesterday. I am constantly amazed at people's perspective and their willingness to offer it so whole-heartedly to someone who needs it. So thank you, I appreciate it.

In an attempt to act on my deisre to give my TTC journey to God, I searched last night for a prayer that I could begin saying. Of course, in true Shannon-style, I came up with a song instead. So here it is:



I like the entire song but I love this verse:

Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.



Hope everyone is having a great week!

7 comments:

Shanny said...

The song is beautiful!!!

Glad you got a lot done. I still have to start Christmas shopping. Shame on me. Well I believe God's hands happen to be the best place to put your TTC journey. His love will bless you (hopefully very soon) with an amazing baby.

Silvina said...

I'm So glad you had a nice day with Dan. I just read your post from yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. I know how frustrating this journey is. It's like sometimes I ask myself, why, but I also have a lot of faith in God and I know he has a plan for all of us. Your an incredible optimistic person and I always love reading your blog and reading how strong you are.

flojat said...

Just catching up on your blog, and you continue to amaze me with your strength. I feel so fortunate that I've gotten to "meet" you on this journey. I wish nothing but happiness for you and Dan.

Ro said...

Love you, Shannie :)

I'm glad you had a great day with Dan! Good for you for getting some shopping in early!

Kristi said...

Shan, I'm swamped at work but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you!! You might not think it or feel it, but your strength is truly amazing. I know God will show you the way...don't lose faith in Him, or more importantly, in YOURSELF!!

(((HUGS)))

Kristi said...

This is one of my favorite hymns. May it truly bring the peace of the Lord to your heart.

Tara White said...

Shannon, I just figured out how to leave you a message on your blog. I'm happy to hear that you got a few relaxing days off to get things done. I just had thanksgiving break and i felt more tired after it. i'm going to recover this weekend. It's also good to hear that you are trying to put this in God's hands. His plan for you and Dan is greater than anyone can envision. Stay strong and make the most of this time you have with your family and friends. I want to see you soon. I could even bring Parker to a kid friendly place so you can meet him. Let me know when you have time.