Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to wish all of my friends a wonderful Christmas!

I got kind of emotional today thinking about how this year turned out for me. I really hoped to be pregnant by the end of this year but even though that didnt happen, I have alot to be thankful for:

1. My mom- diagnosed with uterine cancer but her surgery was 100% successful.
2. Dan- He and I have had the best year of our marriage thus far. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and really found our "groove" when it came to communicating and respecting one another and our relationship
3. My job- I have one, simple as that. I have seen so many people lose their jobs and for me to have one (and one that I like on top of that) makes me so happy
4. My friends- I have made many new friends this year and have continued friendship with people that have always meant alot to me. I have also re-connected with a friend, actually my best friend for many years, and its hard for me to put in words the joy and peace that I feel to have her back in my life.

So, I might not be pregnant but looking back, this year has been awesome. God has blessed me and has blessed many people around me. I am happy its Christmas time because it helps me remember that God loves us so much that he sent his only son to us. Thats the best gift of all!

Merry Christmas, my friends. May God Bless you and yours during this holiday season!

11 comments:

Silvina said...

Merry Christmas to you too Shannon!!! Your post brought tears to my eyes as I read the year you had. I feel the same way thankful for everything in my life. I know God is watching over you.

Tara said...

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Shannon! Enjoy your family and friends!

A said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Shannon!

Mrs.F said...

Merry Christmas, Shannon! I hope 2009 brings you & your family so much happiness. I will continue to pray for you :)

Angie said...

Merry Christmas Shannon!

AMG said...

Merry Christmas Shannon! You continue to inspire me through your thoughtful and selfless words. I admired you when I first started lurking on GP and continue to admire now that I've gotten to "know" you a little better!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Merry Christmas, Shannon!!

Lindsay said...

Merry Christmas to you and dan.

Molly said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Z said...

Merry belated Christmas Shann! I love all the good things that have happen to you this year and I know 2009 will be even better. Love you sweety!

K. Bauer said...

Thanks for the blog link-up. I look forward to reading more of yours!