Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Calling all camera users and the list

Well, I think Im going to do it. Im buying a camera. Actually, Dan is buying me a camera for my 30th Birthday but yeah, Im picking it out.

Anyways, I need HELP. I have asked a few friends for camera info and I have done a ton of internet research but I still feel confused. I guess its between the a Canon or a Nikon, these seem to be the best manufacturer of SLR cameras. But if you're out there reading this and you have a good SLR camera, you know someone who has a good camera OR you just want to help a girl out, let me know!

In 101 news (this is what Im calling "My List" from now on, I think its kinda catchy,) I have made some more movement. I tried a new recipe on Sunday AND I added it to my food blog. Im all about multi-tasking- 2 items in one day! Im also on target to run my 5 miles this week and I feel great! Finally, I started reading The Bible. Actually, once I started, I couldnt put it down! Its going to be really amazing to read it cover to cover.

I hope everyone is having a great week!



Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

12 comments:

Ro said...

We have the Canon Digital Rebel XTi and I love it! It shoots GREAT pictures and isn't too confusing!

K. Bauer said...

Hmm... I think you might need to join my Northeast Ohio nestie group--there's a lot of photographers on there who could help you out.

Danse said...

I have the Canon Rebel XSi and I love it. It's a step up from the XTi and uses and SD card instead of a CF card. Personally, I prefer the feel of Canon's to Nikon's.

I have TONS of pictures if you ever want to see them for examples - my current favorite is now my nest siggy.

DPreview reviews camera - that may be helpful to you. Good luck!

Eris1995 said...

I have the Canon Rebel XT and LOVE it! We got it before our honeymoon and it was well worth the money.

Carly said...

I have the Canon Digital Rebel Xsi and it is GREAT I was already familiar with canon's, and while this is different, a lot of the symbols and menus are similar so it made the transition easier. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and am already amazed by the quality difference.
Your list is going to end up being 101 things in 101 days at the rate you are going!

Kelly said...

I like Danse have the Canon Rebel XSI. All of my blog shots are taken with it. Good luck with your search :o)

mtendere said...

My DH has a Nikon D60 and loves it. He's had it since June. He takes beautiful pictures, but I don't know much about the technical stuff. The lenses are expensive, though, so it depends on what you want to do exactly.

RDgirl said...

As a photog lover myself and currently saving up to buy my own camera I've done a fair amount of research. I'm lusting after the Nikon D80 but a D60 is very good as well. Nikon is what the pros use. While Canon makes a nice camera it appeals more to the every day user. That may be what you are going for. I'm into the extra 'little' features Nikon's give that make a difference to the discerning eye. I wish I could get a Nikon 300 but that is caviar dreaming on a beer budget, sigh.

Dianne said...

Hi Shannon. I have a SOny Cyber Shot It has 8.1 megapixels, I love it!! It zooms really far, takes movies, takes fast pictures, and has LOTS of settings. The only problem is that it does not have a viewfinder (like old cameras) but you dont need it because it has a huge screen. I really love it I got it at best buy for about 200 - 250 but then I had to add the sim card, and so on. My best advice is to go the sote and play around with them all!

A said...

I have a Canon and LOVE it. It's about 3 years old, so I won't share the model with you, but still to this day, I love it!! It takes perfect pictures! It's not a SLR though.

JNR said...

I have a Nikon D40 & love it.

Eileen said...

All my film SLRS are Canon, but when it came time to go digital, I did a lot of research... 9 months worth actually. And after testing both Canon and Nikon I went with the Nikon D80. I of course had to buy new lenses, but the colors on the pictures were just more vibrant. I highly recommend the Nikon D80.