Saturday, January 24, 2009

Delayed Updates

I cant believe its Saturday, last week went by so fast. I was really busy with work and am just getting around to updating about my RE appt.

The appt went good. All of my re-tested blood work came back "normal" and my lining looked good. The interesting thing is that this new RE has a different approach to the laparoscopic surgery. Her thoughts are the following:

1. My periods are mostly regular, they are not painful, heavy, etc
2. The HSG revealed one perfectly clear tube. She does not really buy into the "partially blocked" tube. She said that its either closed or open because if there is some opening, then the egg can still squeeze through (BTW, I have seen conflicting info on this)
3. Everything else (SA, US, BW) looks good

Since everything looks good, she does not want to put me through the laparoscopic surgery yet. She wants me to do 3 medicated IUI's (I will start with Clomid but might move into injectibles. Thats another story for another day) After the three medicated cycles, she would then consider the lap.

My insurance is good and covers the IUI's at 90% so we are going with that choice. We will have our first one in March and I am over-the-moon excited. Im also scared to be moving on because I keep thinking about the dissapointment I will feel if it doesnt work. But like my mom has told me- what if it DOES work?! And she's right. I need to be positive.

In 101 news:

1. I am currently simmering my pot of homemade spaghetti sauce. I tried a little and it tastes good! I feel lucky to have found a good recipe on my first try
2. I am trying a new recipe tonight and will be using the sauce as part of it. After I photo it, Im going to update my food blog with that recipe and my zucchini break from last week.
3. The contractor is starting to take the wall down between our living room and family room on Wednesday. This is a huge project for us but its going to completely expand the livable space in our house. I plan to post some really good before and after pics so you guys know what Im talking about!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

29 comments:

K. Bauer said...

Glad to see a game plan! Whoohoo!

I know it's got to be scary to be moving onto IUI, but you won't know until you try, right?

The Langes said...

hey shan! I just found your blog! Just wanted to tell you, it's good to see you are making progress with your new dr. and I'm glad I found you! :)

Scullyhoyy said...

I am so happy that you know have a "plan". march will be here before you know:) Homemade gravy, I wish I was coming over to your house tonight:) ((hugs))

Mrs. Hammer said...

Thanks for the comment and for keeping me in your thoughts. I'm so glad your RE appointment went well and she's not jumping into surgery just yet - if it's not needed then it can wait. Keep us updated on your treatments.

Oh I had a 'blocked' tube that came open after some shifting around during the HSG but my doc believes that it was due to spasms from having the HSG so I can see your RE's point. How awesome your IUI's are covered at 90%!!! Keep hoping, it's all we have.

flojat said...

I hope you post the recipe for sauce on your food blog. I've been looking for a good one!

And congrats again about your RE appt. I am so excited for March to get here!

Silvina said...

What good news you got from the RE. It's good to get a 2nd opinion and someone else's view. I'm glad you have a game plan and March will be here before you know it. I'm still praying for you and I really hope the IUI works. I can't wait to see your BFP!!!

Don't you love the smell of homemade spaghetti sauce? I love the aroma it leaves. Enjoy your dinner tonight!!

Kristi said...

May the Lord work through your new dr. and plan. I am so excited for you!
I also can't wait to see your new recipe post.

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I'm so glad your new RE has a plan for you - I will praying for you!!

Good luck with the spaghetti sauce tonight. I'm making homemade lasagna tonight - something to think about with your spaghetti sauce, too!

rls07 said...

March will be here soon! So exciting that you have a plan in place and are moving forward. So jealous of the homemade sauce though!

Mary said...

I am over the moon excited for you Shannon! I have a feeling this is going to be the trick for you! Good luck babe. You are in my prayers every night.

Bee said...

Shannon, I am so glad that you have a plan in place. Just that fact alone has to be comforting - although I'm sure also scary. I am thinking of you and praying for the best!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear you have a plan in place! Best of luck with the IUI's. I will continue to pray for you!

Leannabanna said...

Oh Shannon, I am so happy for you that you finally have a plan in place. You will be in my thoughts and prayers the next few months.

A said...

YAY for a plan! Can't wait to hear about the details regarding the IUIs! GL Shannon!

Shanny said...

I'm so glad that you and your RE came up with a plan. March is going to be an exciting month, I'll be praying everything turns out in a BFP =)

Greg and Heather said...

Just found your blog thru fellow IF blogs and wanted to say hello! What a blessing fo rinsurance to cover 90% of IUI!!! Lucky you! Anyways just sending warm positive thoughts you way!!!Please check out my blog as well :)

osuraj said...

Holy crap...90% coverage on IUI's, you are a lucky girl! I'm excited for you as you move forward!

Lindsay said...

That is some seriously good insurance coverage! I'm so happy you have a plan in place! And I really hope this does it for you!

Molly said...

I'm totally jealous of your insurance but glad to see y'all moving forward. Even if you have to use injectibles, they're not that bad-- didn't make me near as wild as Clomid did.

My best to you as always!

gringa78 said...

I loves me some plans, and you got one in place, Shan!

I heart you!!

mtendere said...

Yay for a plan and for good insurance!

Shannon said...

I'm really happy the appt went well! And YAH for a plan!! So happy for you! And your mom is right, what if it DOES work?? I will be keeping you in my prayers, your time is coming!
I heart you lots!
Shannon
P.S. Its ok if you wanted to send some of that sauce up this way, I wouldn't mind:-) lol

Bliss04 said...

i'm really happy to hear about your iui in march. and you are so ambitious with your 101 things, i'm so jealous!

Mrs.F said...

OMG I'm so excited for you to start IUI! I hope everything goes well, Shannon :)

gringa78 said...

This IS our year!! Yay! You'll be my TTC buddy in March...can't wait!!

Kristen said...

I am so excited for you that we will be starting IUI at the same time! I know what you mean about being afraid of it not working - I feel the same way - excited but nervous at the same time. I'll be praying for you!

Jess said...

Lots of luck to you Shannon! I'm pulling for ya!

Eris1995 said...

I'm so happy for you Shannon! It's great your insurance covers IUI's 90%. March is going to be here sooo soon!!

Anonymous said...

Go for IT!! You don't know me, I saw your blog from another blog. I have two IUI in 2004. The first one did not work, i was so sad and didn't think the second IUI would work but IT DID!

I wish u luck and will pray for you.

FP