Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Facebook and Babies

I really like Facebook, its a cool way to reconnect with old friends. And it feels alot more mature than Myspace did. I dont feel obligated to keep my page looking "cool" anymore with a bunch of photos and icons and lame songs.

The one thing about Facebook is that I am finding out that literally everyone I know has a baby. Sometimes two. Or heck, even three. No joke, I havent come across one person yet without a kid. I must have been friends with the most fertile people in high school and college because every single one of them has photos of these sweet little bundles of joy and I have a picture of me and Dan. At the Cavs game. Standing next to fake cutouts of Cavs players. Talk about torture!

In TTC news, well, I got nothing. I head back to the RE in 2 weeks to set up my plan for the lap and also the re-testing of my blood work and Dan's SA. Until then, Im just going to chill. No OPKs, no temp taking. Im throwing in the towel, per se, until I get a plan together with the RE.

Hope everyone is having a good day!


Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hahaha, I know exactly how you feel! Lots of babies as profile picts in my crowd. I'm glad your headed back to the RE, I hope they can get a good plan together for you all!

Bliss04 said...

i'm glad you're getting a plan together with an RE. you're getting closer!

A said...

Yeah, I think I have ONE friend who doesn't have any kids! Can't wait to hear what the RE says!

Shanny said...

Everyone ok facebook has kids, Everyone!!! You are so right! GL with your RE appt when it comes up. Having a concrete plan is great!

Leannabanna said...

I totally agree with you, it seems like everyone that I went to HS with has children - not one but 2 or more! And it seems like they started years before me! haha. Hope the RE appt. goes well! Keep us updated!!

mtendere said...

Boy, can I relate to the Facebook situation. Everytime I get a friend request it's with a profile picture of somebody with their 2 kids! I do have one good friend with no kids - getting married next year, so that keeps me grounded.

I hope you have a plan with your RE soon that you're happy with.

Mrs. Hammer said...

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I actually had to log out because it was getting overwhelming. I'm glad you are taking a 'break' in between. Time to start crossing off more stuff from you list!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I noticed the same thing on Facebook. Literally ALL of my friends from high school are pregnant with at least 2 kids. Crazy. Good luck with your RE appt!!

Find joy in every journey said...

I can totally relate. I try not to go there often. It is nice to see what everyone is up to but annoying that I don't have any kids, either. I feel fruitless at times. Hope the appt. with the RE goes well.

K. Bauer said...

You know it just struck me as funny that we might have the same RE.

Mary said...

Have I told you lately how proudd I am of you?

Shannon said...

Ugh!! I know exactly how you feel Shannon!! Its seems often that people are announcing that they are "prego"(I dont use that term but it seems ever so popular on the book!)
I'm glad your taking a break from temping, its great! I love not temping, however I hate not knowing whats going on with my schedule too. However if it means less stress throughout the whole cycle than I will continue to take the break
Hugs

Scullyhoyy said...

((hugs))

Kristi said...

Ugh, I can totally sympathize with you about the Facebook nightmare...blech!

Kristin said...

Hey Shannon,
I just started reading your blog yesterday! I had to comment about what you wrote in regards to facebook. Not only does it seem like all my "friends" have kids but a BUNCH of them are pregnant! I get hear about all those updates too! DH and I have only been TTC for 6 months so no testing for us yet. This month we decided to go with no charting, or OPK's and I've signed off from "babyfit" for now. It's still hard not to notice fertility signs but hopfully this "relaxed" attitude will help! Good luck to you, I look forward to reading about your journey!

Kates said...

I know how you feel, 6 of my friends are in varying degrees of the pregnancy glow. Can't help but despise them alittle.

Sarah said...

Good luck with the RE Shanny - we love you!

Sniff

gringa78 said...

OMG, I totally know how you feel re: the facebook babies. Ugh!!! If it makes you feel any better, I'm 31 and have quite a few friends who don't have kids...a bunch are single too. So, it's all relative.

Anyway, I like to follow all the things you're doing on your list...you're inspiring me!! :)

I heart you, Shan.