Sunday, January 4, 2009

The list continues

I finished 2 more items on my list of 101 things:

1. I bought re-usable bags AND used them yesterday while grocery shopping. It was great and they are already loaded back into my car for my next grocery trip. Here is an article that discusses the impact of plastic grocery bags, kinda scary:

http://www.reusablebags.com/facts.php

2. I have started a journal. I bought a really cute one (of course it needs to be cute) at Target and have written in it 3 times thus far. I have to admit, it felt GREAT to be able to release some feelings that are not always blog apporpiate. In reality, I dont know who reads my blog so I do have to censor myself a bit. But in my journal? No holding back. It felt good.


In my TTC world, I got some great news yesterday! Two of my dear friends got their BFPs and I am thrilled for them! These kind of things are a testimony to how God works in our lives.

I am currently 10-ish DPO so we will see how this week goes. If I really am 10 DPO, my period will come on Friday. Hopefully she stays away! :)

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
Jawaharal Nehru

15 comments:

Scullyhoyy said...

Yay for crossing 2 more things off your list Shannon. Good Luck in the 2ww:)

RDgirl said...

Don't you love your reusable bags? The baggers at my store love them too. They are easier to pack, put more things in and I typically only need two of those bags compared to 6-7 plastic bags. It also means less time unloaded the car. BTW I love that one of your list items is stopping at a lemondaid stand - that's just awesome :)

Shannon said...

Yah thats awesome your crossed two more things off your list!
Thanks for the article. I have so many reusable bags, however I always forget to put them in the car. I think its great to not only use them for grocery shopping but also when your at the mall too!

Danse said...

You're off to a great start with you list! Good luck this cycle!!!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you - c'mon BFP!!! That is great that you are working on your list already - good for you!

Mary said...

Congrats for crossing 2 more tings off the list!

I just started using cloth bags in the fall. They are a godsend!

flojat said...

You're rockin' through that list, girlfriend! I lurve my reusable shopping bags. I even have one for Target, LOL!

Oh, and fingers crossed, love! ; )

Amy said...

Great job on your list! GL with the remaining days in the 2ww. I'm praying for you!

Lindsay said...

Way to go!!

Carly said...

wow- your list is going to be done before you know it at this rate. I had a reusable bag once, my H threw it out, you are inspiring me to buy another. soooo not only are you completing your list, but you are doing a sort of 'pay it forward' inspiration type thing with people.
fingers crossed AF stays away

Mrs.F said...

I love writing in a journal. It feels so good to let everything out without letting the whole world know!
Good luck this cycle girl! I'm praying for a beginning of the year BFP for you!!!

Tara said...

Congrats on accomplishing 2 items on your list! GL in the 2ww!

Niki said...

Your list is a great idea! Writing in a journal is a great way to get feelings out.. Hope it continues to help you do so!
And here's hoping for this 2ww!!! :o)

mtendere said...

Keep up the good work! I love the reusable bags because it makes it so much easier to carry groceries in from the car. We're about the same place in our cycle, so positive thoughts for both of us!

K. Bauer said...

I'd love to hear some of your TTC venting - it's hard to get really honest, especially on a public blog, but I think that's where we all get to connect and help each other.