Thursday, January 15, 2009

More items

I completed a couple more items on my 101 list.

1. I wrote down 20 things I like about myself. Um, this one was really hard. The list was the first thing I started on January 1 and it took me 2 weeks to finish it. Even though I wanted to think about what I like about myself, it was so much easier to think about the things I wanted to change. But after awhile, I did it and it feels nice to be able to look at the list. I actually wrote it on a page in the middle of my journal so that I will come across it in a few months and have a chance to reflect on it.

2. I donated a large bag of clothes and another bag of household items to Salvation Army. I counted this as donating one item because I want to continue to look for items that we dont use and remember to donate them to someone who could use them.

This weekend, I am going to tackle Making Spaghetti Sauce from Scratch. Stay tuned, my friends!

"Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." -Pamela Vaull Starr

11 comments:

Silvina said...

You will find that making the spaghetti sauce is quite easy. DH is 1/2 Italian so his family always makes sauce from scratch. GL and I hope you enjoy it.

Leannabanna said...

Wow Shannon, Keep going ! Your plowing right through these things!

hopefaithlove said...

Good for you! If is nice to declutter a bit. Have fun making sauce!

Amy said...

Let me know if you need a sauce recipe. I make mine from scratch based on my mom's recipe and hers is based on my grandma's, and so on...:)

Ok, I can't remember my google login for the life of me, so I am posting this with just my name. I hope it works.

Lindsay said...

Way to go! We go through our closets at then end of every season and donate anything we didn't wear. I figure if we didn't wear it this winter/summer we probably won't wear it next. You might want to give this a try.

GL with the sauce, its not as hard as you think! My sister taught me how to make it after spending a year in Italy.

Nichole said...

Good Job on going through your list! Last month we went through all of our clothes and donated them. We ended up having so much extra space in the closets!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Cool idea of putting your list in the middle of your journal. You really are embracing the 101 process :)
Oh and I always confuse Bath and Body Works and Bed Bath and Beyond too!

A said...

Congrats Shannon!! I can't wait to hear about the sauce!

Molly said...

I think your list is a good thing- it encourages you to do positive things for yourself.

So, how'd the sauce turn out? I've always wanted to make my own, but never found a good recipe.

Gena said...

Shannon-- It's PICKLE!! I have a blog now :) Feel free to follow.

lovealways6565 said...

Good job shan!!! :o) Thanks for all the wonderful things you said and prayers!! :o) Love ya!