Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year and only 100 things left...

Happy 2009! I honestly love the start of a new year. For me, I feel like even though its just one day later than it was yesterday, its the start of a new begining. It represents the chance to make changes in my life. It reminds me that I have control over my life and if there are things I want, I need to make them happen. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009 and that all your dreams come true!

I also completed my first item on my 101 list. I wrote a letter to myself and have put it away to read in 10 years. It was actually a really long letter and it gave me the chance to think about where I've come from, where I am now and where I want to be. I pray that I find all of the happiness that I hope for in 10 years, it will be interesting to see how things work out!

In TTC news, I am fairly certain that I am 7 DPO. From my last OPK and temps, it appears that I O'd on Christmas Day. All of my O pains have gone away along with the + OPKs. The only thing thats odd is that my temps are not as high as they normally are during my LP. They are elevated but not as high. Im trying not to worry about it and just see how this 2 WW goes.

"you gotta live to learn
you gotta crash and burn
you gotta make some stances
and take some chances
you gotta live and love
and take all life has to give
you gotta live and learn
so you can learn to live"

14 comments:

Amy said...

Happy New Year Shannon! Congrats on completing your first item on your list!

Mary said...

Happy New Year!!

I wrote a letter to myself when I was 22 as part of a college writing assignment. I'm anxious to open it in a couple months b/c I can not remember what I wrote! I'd love to see what I've accomplished for myself since then.

RDgirl said...

Well no matter what happens this month, your new blog layout looks wonderful. Here's to a fresh start to the new year!

Carly said...

i love your 101 things list, i think i am going to copy you, although there is no way I will get a list made by today.
And yay for Christmas ovulation- i am praying you and Dan get a little Christmas miracle

mtendere said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad that yours is off to such a great start. I wish you the best in accomplishing all of your goals.

Eris1995 said...

happy new year! Congrats on getting the first thing on your list done. I love the idea!

Jenn said...

Shannon, please check out my blog because I was looking at your list and it states that you want to start reading the bible. I have a link to a site of a blogger friend's dad which helps us read the bible in a year. Good luck and I hope you are having a great NEW YEAR!!

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you!! I truly hope that all of your dreams do come true this year. Yay for O'ing on Christmas. I am always praying for you that this is your cycle!!!

gringa78 said...

Hey Shan! I hope our low temps mean something for us too!!! I think we've put our time in. :) I hope you get good news and have a wonderful new year!

Shannon said...

Happy New Yeah Shannon! And Congrats on finishing your first item off your list! Now only 100 more to go :P

A said...

Happy New Years, Shannon! Happy to hear of your O on Christmas Day!!

LuLu said...

Nice work on completing one of your tasks already!
I love your positive outlook on a new year, it's so true.

Lindsay said...

Happy New Year!

Scullyhoyy said...

Happy New Year Shannon!
I hope that 2009 is an Amazing year for you!