Thursday, January 29, 2009

Unable to move

Yesterday, we got about 15 inches of snow. Maybe more. I lost count. I am not going to complain about the actual snow because I live in NE Ohio. We get snow, thats how it is.

What I will complain about is the fact that since our garage door is broke (another story, 2 weeks until its replaced, lovely) we are unable to get our snow blower out. Which leaves me, Dan and a shovel to hang out together alot.

Dan helped me a shovel a little yesterday but its hard because he has a "stricter" work schedule and mine is alot more flexible. Since I was home alot of the day yesterday, I ended up shoveling for a total of 2.5 hours. And I kid you not, I couldnt get out of bed this morning. My legs are fine but my arms and back? Feels like I carried a large horse held high over my head for like a day. Why a horse? I dont know. Its just what it feels like. After an hour with the heating pad and a handful (i.e. 2) Advils, I was able to get out of bed. I feel better but I do not want to be nor am I able to shovel anytime soon.

Here is a picture of our house in the snow. Its not from this year because I was too darn tired to take a picture yesterday:


Also, here is a picture of a much happier Shannon using the snowblower last year:

In TTC news, I am on CD 21 today and honestly, I have no idea if I have O'd or not. I have not stuck a thermometer in my mouth in quite some time and I am boycotting OPKs. Maybe I will try to get some temps over the next couple days to see whats going on. Man, I love not knowing anything about my cycle!

Have a great day, one more until Friday!

19 comments:

Mary said...

Argg! I'm sorry it took you so long! If I lived closer I would have come to help you. Well, not really b/c nobody wants to see a girl on a crutch shoveling but I would have been there to cheer you on! :)

Molly said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of snow! I'm sorry you're sore...that stinks.

Danse said...

Yikes, that's a LOT of snow! At least it looks pretty, right?

Melissa said...

Someone owes you a massage!

lovealways6565 said...

I love snow.. but thats bc here in GA we never get it. lol. As far as TTC goes gl!! :o) I am hoping and praying this is your cycle sweetie!! :o)

Z said...

15 inches?? Geez. We shut down after 4 inches.. LOL

Stay safe out there in the snow banks. MUAH!

Leannabanna said...

Ugh - I feel your pain! That was me last year with the shovel, because I could not work the snowblower - DH did not teach me and I always got home earlier than him, so there was me with a shovel - every day (WI). But 15 inches = Yikes!

Amy said...

I'm sorry you're so sore! I haven't seen 15 inches all at once in awhile, however, it was a regular occurance where I went to college. I was the smart one who signed a lease to an apartment where I had to take care of my own snow removal. I was in agony like you are now. Not fun, but it's a great work out. :)

Lindsay said...

That's a LOT of snow! Wow! I'm impressed you have shoveled so much. I used to do it when I lived in DC and I hated it!

Mrs.F said...

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the snow! I'm from Salt Lake City, and have only lived in ATL for 3 years, but it still feels weird not seeing one damn flake on Christmas.

Silvina said...

Wow 15 inches is a lot!! We got snow but not much and it turned into rain by noon. I hope you feel better. Shoveling does take a toll on your body. Take it easy today!!!

Kristi said...

That is a ton of snow to be shoveling by hand. What a workout you are getting!

Kristin said...

I right with you on the no temps and no OPK's on on CD 29.. offically 1 day late...but like you said I have no idea when I O'd so I have not idead what my LP is. I always said if I had more LP days then "normal" I would test... now the suspense is killing me...Sunday if I'm still late I'll test!

Carly said...

omg that stinks about your snow blower!!! I can't believe you had 15 inches to shovel... I hope you feel better!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Ugh, I'm so glad that storm stayed south of us! We have enough snow as it is and we haven't even hit our snowiest months yet - Feb and March! Just think how strong you're getting shoveling all that snow. :)

Kristi said...

HOLY SNOW!!! We got hit with more ice than snow, but I can't imagine not being able to use the snowblower! I think Hubby should treat you to a nice hot stone massage for this one! Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know where you are in your cycle.

Shannon said...

I had to count on a calendar to know what CD I was on and I dont know if I ovulated yet and ya know what? I.am.lovin'.it.

Sarah said...

Oh sweetie, you've earned a bath!! Sniff