Saturday, February 7, 2009

101 updates and TTC

I cant believe its been almost a week since my last blog entry but this week was just plain dreadful at work. With the record snow falls we have had in Cleveland, we have gotten in SO many claims for ice and snow damage. As a result, I worked super long hours last week and didnt have time to do much else.

In 101 news, I got 2 big things done this week. First, the contractor completed the opening up of our living room/family room wall. So now, instead of two separate rooms (one that we barely use because there is no TV, fireplace, etc) we have a good flow between the two of them and are using both. Here is a before picture:

This is our living room. You can see the family room/dining room area on the right but basically before, this room was separate and not very "user-friendly"

This is the view after. There is now a 9 foot opening, connecting both rooms. We are already re-arranging our furniture so we can best use both spaces and plan to paint and re-hang decorations soon.



Another thing I did was get my hair cut and highlighted. My hair was getting WAY too long but now its shorter with a more natural color and I love it. Im still trying to figure out the bangs because they are cut to go across my whole forehad but in the picture, I pushed them to the side. Tomorrow, Im going to try to wear them the "right" way.

So thats whats been going on with me. In TTC news, I am guessing that I am around 7 DPO because I think I O'd on Saturday, based on O pains. If I am 7 DPO, my period is due on Saturday so we will see how that goes!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

18 comments:

Mary said...

Your house looks awesome! And, I love your hair - so purdy!

Yey for O!

Molly said...

Such great things going on in your world. I hate you've been so busy with work but glad to see you're doing some things for yourself. The changes in the house make a big difference-- have fun decorating!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Love the house, the hair, and will wait (impatiently) to hear your poas story soon.

Amy said...

Wow! I love your house! I would love to knock down a wall in my house but it's already pretty open as it is. Oh, and your hair is really cute!

Shannon said...

I love you keep checking items off your list! Thats awesome.
The renovation looks great!! What colours do you have picked out?
And your hair looks ssssoo cute!! I love the bangs!
Do you play piano? I dont but have been wanting to take lessons

Lindsay said...

Love the hair cut and especially the color! It looks great. My last haircut my guy cut my bangs across my forehead. I never could get used to it so I still wear them to the side. The new room looks great and now hoprfully you will use more of the space.

A said...

I love your new hair cut and color!! Sooo pretty! Valentine's Day??? OHHH, she better not!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Cute cut! We do need to pamper ourselves during these trying TTC times. Speaking of which my roots look terrible, yikes.

Mrs.F said...

Oooo I love the new do!! Very cute.
And your house looks great too... it looked good before, but it does "flow" much nicer :)

Sarah said...

House and hair look AMAZING!

Sniff

Kristi said...

The new room and your hair look awesome!!

Kristi said...

Wow, that opening in the wall really makes a huge difference! There's a much better flow to the rooms!

Love the new cut & color! I got both done to my hair last week too, and I'm trying to get used to a side bang (?). Looks awesome!

Lindsey said...

I love that you opened up that room, it looks really good and it's so functional.
Your hair is super cute, you look beautiful!

Elisa said...

the hair and the house look great! :)

Bliss04 said...

love the new do! make-up looks great, too!

NestEris said...

I love the house. It looks great. Have you picked out paint colors yet? Your hair looks GREAT!!

Tara white said...

Shannon, I love your new hair cut. it's very cute. i haven't had mine done since July. i really need to get in there. I hope your work slows down soon but i'm sure you will be busy now with flooding issues. We need to get together again.

Kerri said...

Great changes with the house and I love the new do! HOTTIE! :-)