Monday, February 23, 2009

Awesome feeling and my 101 list

My awesome feeling has to do with my 101 list. This weekend, Dan and I were talking about going white water rafting. Its something I've always wanted to do, its on my list and well, it sounds like tons of fun so Id really like to go. Anyways, we did alot of research and picked a place:

http://www.rivermen.com/

Not only did we pick a place BUT we also booked our trip in May. I cant wait! And, I also booked a rappelling thing, too. I dont know if Dan will do it because he looked a bit green when I mentioned scaling down a mountain, but I totally want to do it. I think that will also qualify for another item on my list- Climb a mountain. Climb or shimmy down a mountain, same thing, right?! :)

The awesome feeling came when I booked the trip WITHOUT thinking about being pregnant or not. I didnt even care. If I am pregnant then and we cancel, so be it. But I didnt let the whole idea of "will I be or wont I be" play a factor in my decision. It felt amazing!

In other 101 news- I donated another large bag of items this weekend. More clothes, household items, curtains, etc. Im also continuing with the food blog, my journal and reading the bible.

In TTC news, my traveling for this month got canceled due to heavy claims volume but its too late for the medicated IUI and I really want to do it medicated. So this cycle will just a regular cycle. I am on CD 9 and have awhile until I O so thats about all with that.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoys their week!



I find myself just living for today
'Cause I don't know what
Tomorrow's gonna bring
So no matter if I rise or fall
I'll never be alone, oh no

19 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! I don't know how many times in the last 8 months I've thought "But what if I'm pregnant?" For the last 19 years I've had a season pass for the downhill ski place in my home town. I love to get out in the winter and do something! This July when the season passes were on sale I didn't get one because I thought "What if I'm pregnant?" We had only started TTC. Well, winter is almost over (I hope) and I only went skiing once, and I'm not pregnant! I think I'll try to stop thinking like that too!

osuraj said...

I went rafting with Rivermen in college at New River and it was great! We camped and did the whole thing. You guys are going to have so much fun.

Tara said...

Shannon, I know you have talked about vacationing for awhile. I'm glad you booked something and that you're taking time to do fun things you'll enjoy. You deserve a break from work after such a busy winter and have white water rafting to look forward to in the spring. I'm with Dan though, the high mountain thing makes me sick. Hope to see you soon.

Danse said...

Wahoo! I can't wait for your trip, I want to hear all about it, it sounds so fun!

Grasso10 said...

That sounds like so much fun! And soo scary!! I'd be just as green as Dan! :) You are doing such a great job checking things off your list! Yay!!

Oh and if you need someone to go to Serendipity 3 with--I'm available!!

Bliss04 said...

you are more brave than i am! more power to ya! i think that's great you booked the trip w/o thinking you could be pg, that's awesome!

Molly said...

I'm excited to see you in better spirits. I'm So not the adventure type, but your vacation sounds like a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sarah said...

OMG, you're going to love it! I've been rafting about 10 times and it's the best.

Your butt is going to be SORE the day afterwards, but it's worth it in every way! What a rush.

Good for you for doing something that you've been thinking about!

Sniff

Scullyhoyy said...

Live in the moment! I am so glad you feel awesome. You really inspire me Shannon, You are truly a one of a kind person:) ((hugs))

Z said...

Rafting sounds so fun!! I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Shanny said...

Water rafting sounds like a lot of fun for daredevils like you. I'm a chicken so I would never try it but I can't wait for you to give us your recap in May =)

K. Bauer said...

Anything involving being on the top of a mountain totally counts.

A said...

Sounds like loads of fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And I'm so glad you're feeling better today!

Kristin (kekis) said...

I'm so proud of you!! You really sound great - I can hear it in your words. Yes, you're absolutely insane for wanting to repel of a mountainside, but that's now what we're talking about right now, is it?

Ro said...

Check you out, Thrill Seeker! You are super brave to do that! I'd probably be in the cabin cowering from the whitewaters!

Good for you!

Carly said...

Oh you will have sooo much fun! If you want to hear a funny story (or a what not to do) ask me about my WWRafting! I also want to tell you once again how much you inspire me!

Mrs. Hammer said...

You will absolutely LOVE white water rafting. But I cannot stress enough to by water moccasons. I went barefoot and it was a bit painful because you brace yourself with your feet. Still oh so fun!!!

NestEris said...

I went white water rafting once when I was in girl scouts and it was so much fun! You are going to have a blast.

Lindsey said...

So fun!!! I'm so glad you have a trip coming up!