Sunday, February 1, 2009

Awesome weekend

I had an wonderful weekend. Probably the best weekend that I've had in a long, long time.

Yesterday, we went to Dan's parents house for dinner. I figured they wanted to celebrate my birthday with a cake. Well it turns out, that my entire family and Dan's entire family ended up showing up to throw me a surprise party. It was so fun, there were 17 people there and it was amazing to have both of our families together. I was truly surprised and I thank Dan and everyone for making my birthday (a few days early) super special!

The group:

Me, cutting my cake:

Today, my mom and I went shopping for my birthday. In lieu of the customary money gift, she wanted to help me complete some items on my 101 list. Thats one of the things I love about my mom- her support of the things I want to do. So today, we went to the mall and I got my make up done. The lady who did it was great and answered all my questions about eye make up and what brushes to use. My mom then bought me 3 eye shadows, a lipgloss, a mascara and a eyeliner. I dont think I've ever had so much nice make-up in my life! After that, we went to a department store and I got fitted for a bra. It sounds like such a simple thing but I have known for awhile that my bras dont fit- the straps are always falling down and they just dont fit good. As suspected, I was not wearing the right size so after figuring out my correct size, my mom then bought me two beautiful (and I assure you, these bras are beautiful) bras. I cant wait to wear one tomorrow, I know I will feel like a new woman!


I hope everyone else had a great weekend, too!

26 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

Happy early Birthday! Your cake looks beautiful and delicious :)

G & H said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! ( BTW You are so pretty!) Here's to a great week too!

Grasso10 said...

Happy early Birthday!!! What a nice surprise!!!

Danse said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and birthday celebration! Happy Birthday!

Aries833 said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake looks gorgeous

jbwife said...

What a great way to spend celebrating your birthday! Happy Birthday Shan!

Mary said...

Happy birthday (early)! How nice of Dan to throw you a party!

I LOVE getting new makeup! I'm sort of an addict. Enjoy!

Z said...

That cake is gorgeous and what a sweet family! Sounds like a wonderful celebration for your birthday!

MUAH! Can't wait till your actual birthday. :)

osuraj said...

Happy birthday! That's so nice that your family threw you a surprise party. I'm also excited about your 101 completions! :-)

Bliss04 said...

wow, that does sound like a great weekend! happy birthday!

Lindsay said...

Happy (early) Birthday! That was so sweet of them. I think we need a pict of you with all your new make-up on! :-) Glad you had a good weekend!

Ro said...

Happy early birthday, Shan! How sweet of Dan to throw you a surprise party!

Scullyhoyy said...

That is an awesome weekend!
What a great family you have:)
umm you gonna post a pic of you in your new bras....((wink-wink))

Shannon said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend! And your mom sounds great!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Melissa said...

Now I want cake!! Happy Birthday!

Kristin (kekis) said...

What a wonderful husband & family you have! Kudos to mom for being so supportive and having some fun, quality mom-daughter time together. :) Happy early birthday!

flojat said...

So, what size bra are you wearing now? JOL. Happy early, hun!

Silvina said...

Happy early Birthday!!! What a fun weekend. How nice that both families were there and that you were surprised. Your mom seems so thoughtful to help you accomplish your 101 things. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Tara White said...

I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! i'm glad you had a fun weekend. You definitely deserve the surprise party!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

That sounds like such a great birthday! Happy Birthday, hon!!€

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday Shannon!! Sounds like a great party! And it is ALWAYS fun to buy new bras and makeup!

A said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon!

Molly said...

You did have a fantastic weekend. Hope you enjoy(ed) your birthday festivities!

lovealways6565 said...

Happy Birthday sweeie!!

Audrey said...

I'm late to the party, but it looks like you had a ball, and I hope your birthday was wonderful! Love ya!