Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day! Dan and I are headed to Lord of the Dance today and then we are making homemade pizza and playing some board games, should be a fun day.

In 101 news, I completed one item and I am working on another. This morning, I gave Dan a list of things that I love about him. I could tell he liked to read the funny things (like that I love that HE loves the Office as much as I do) and the serious things (that I know he will be an wonderful Dad) I dont think Im going to stop at this one list. I want to continue to remind him how much I love him and why.

I am also in the process of starting a big item on my 101 list. Learning to say "Im sorry" without making excuses. For me, this is something that I need to do. I need to accept my responsibility in things that happen and not defer any part of my responsibility to the other person. And I want to experience the emotional freedom that comes with offering an apology with "no strings attached." This is going to be a long journey but I am ready to start. I have bought the book "The Five Languages of Apology" I have read a few other books by these authors and have enjoyed them. I am also looking for bible verses that might help me in my journey.

These are the moments, I thank God that Im alive.
These are the moments, I'll remember all my life
I found all I've waited for
And I could not as for more


5 comments:

Silvina said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!! Homemade pizza sounds yummy!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Happy V-Day, hon! I hope you guys have a great day today!

Tara said...

Hope you have a great Valentine's day!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What a great idea to use your 101 for Dan on V-day, very fitting :)

gringa78 said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Shan! Thanks for all your comments thiese past few weeks...we are definitely IUI buddies and I can't wait to hear how the next couple months go for you. Heart you!