Friday, February 27, 2009

Irritation and 101

I could not even bear to blog yesterday because I was so darn irritated. Some of you have already heard this story so bless your hearts for reading it again but here goes...

In short, I had to request and pick up my medical records from my old RE. Honestly, I thought doctors just sent medical records but whatever, I didnt have a problem doing it. So I called awhile ago to request my b/w, u/s, HSG and Dan's SA results. The nurse finally calls me yesterday to come pick the records up. I go to the office and she hands me an envelope. Like a regular old envelope with 4 stinkin' pieces of paper in it. Inside are Dan's SA results and my b/w results but nothing with the HSG or u/s. I ask the nurse and she tells me "Oh, that was done in radiology, you have to go there for those records" Um, really? Thanks for letting me know that NOW, weeks later. Since I had to work, I didnt have time to go to radiology so now I am working on that.

Then, I am walking to my car and I look through the little papework I did have and see that my old RE circles "abnormal" for Dan's SA. Whaaaa? As I look at the paper, apparently his sperm count is lower. Not low, but lower. And his note is "Patient will probably be able to conceive but if over one year, would recommend repeat SA to make sure sperm count is not an issue" Again, whaaaaa? This was never EVER mentioned to us and I never received (my fault for not asking, of course) the actual numbers on the SA. I did review the numbers and it would appear that Dan's sperm count should not be an issue but it still bothers me because, well, we DONT have a freakin' answer on why I am not pregnant yet and any little info helps.

So in short, I despise my old RE and am super irriated. And even worse, I now have to wait for the HSG and U/S records and I dont know how long it will take, even those I asked them to put a rush on it. (rush? I guess that will bring my wait time to two weeks) Since I dont have this info, my new RE wont schedule my IUI and I am running out of time to start IUI next cycle. I have already accepted the fact that it might not happen next cycle, just so I can prepare myself and not get too stressed.

Tons of fun, right? Shannon.needs.a.HUGE.glass.of.wine :)

In 101 news, I have changed my list a bit. Its my list, so I guess its ok to change it, right? I changed "Take a Yoga class" to "Take a Zumba class" because I really want to take one (right, Amy!?!) I have also removed "Volunteer at a Foodbank" because I actually have done this before and it was a great experience but I wanted to do something different. I am going to be doing a "Cause of the Month" which I will post to the left. These are caused I have researched and believe in and aside from supporting them with my words, I am going to be supporting each one of them financially. Im pretty excited about it!


Ok, thats alot of info. Thank you to anyone who is still following. I hope ya'll have a great weekend!





And I wouldn't change a thing
I'd walk right back through the rain
Back to every broken heart
On the day that it was breakin'
And I'd relive all the years
And be thankful for the tears
I've cried with every stumbled step
That led to you and got me here, right here

21 comments:

A said...

Oh, that would have made me LIVID!
Why didn't they tell you that in the first place? Ugh. Hang in there!

Danse said...

OMG, I cannot beleive that. I'm sorry about your running around and also for your RE with-holding information from you. At least you'll be in better hands with the new RE. Enjoy your giant glass of wine.

Can't wait to hear about the classes!

Silvina said...

I would of been so irritated too. They should of told you in the first place that the HSG and u/s records were at radiology. And the RE not to tell you about the SA's results??? I'm sure this new RE is SO much better and will get you to conceive very soon. I hope you do enjoy a big glass of wine tonight. Have a good weekend too!!!

Bliss04 said...

oh goodness, what a mess! i get to deal with doctor's offices and obtaining medical records almost every day, so i feel your pain! just keep calling and calling and they'll come through. if you just say "rush" and don't call back at all, it won't do you a lick of good, trust me! hopefully it will work work itself out in time for the IUI. and i think that's really crappy of your RE to not tell you about the SA results in enough detail. aren't you glad you're switching?

rls07 said...

Stupid dr's. I'm sorry hun that you have to deal with all that.

Amy said...

Wow! I'm so sorry about your old RE and their ridiculousness! I'll join you in partaking in that huge glass of wine!

Nichole said...

That is ridiculous! I can't believe they wouldn't give you all the information pertaining to the SA. That seems like VERY important information. Good Luck getting the rest of your reports back! Enjoy your wine!!

Carly said...

i said it before and i will say it again- that totally blows of your dr's office. i am sooo sorry and am still hugging you through the screen

osuraj said...

What is with RE's and not giving the full story about people's health issues?! That's exactly what happened with us, and I was so angry about it for a long time. At least now you have some idea about what the issue is so you can move forward from here.

Amy said...

I would have been spitting in someones face. But then again, I'm not as good of a person as you are!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

That just sucks! I hope you have a better experience at your new RE's office.

Can't wait to hear about the dance classes, sounds like fun!!

Shannon said...

Oh Shannon I would have been SSSOOO MAD!!! I guess there was no point in going back in and asking why they didn't inform you of Dans lower sperm count. Is Dan going to have another one done?
Enjoy your big glass of wine:-) I had two on wed night and they were both very good:-)
Cant wait to hear how the classes go, I havent heard of it yet

Lindsay said...

So annoying! I'm sorry. I hope you get your other papers soon.

Molly said...

OMG- I'd be so mad too! It's frustrating when people can't do their jobs correctly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're able to do the IUI next cycle!

Kristin said...

I teach ZUMBA! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Kaitlyn said...

I am so frustrated for you!! Best wishes Shannon.

Mrs. Hammer said...

I am so glad you left that practice. I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. I hope you got that HUGE glass of wine this weekend!

gringa78 said...

You have an award to pick up at my blog!

Katie said...

If I could punch your old RE I would - that's just rediculous. Can't wait to hear more about the volunteering/organizations you'll be supporting!

TaraWhite said...

Why is it that doctor's offices seem to treat their patients like crap and get away with it? i think i would have had to give them a piece of my mind. it wouldn't be pleasant but at least i'd get it out. I'm glad you are moving on to a new dr. because this last one sounds worthless. I think so many doctors have too many patients and they don't give them the attention they deserve. Be persistent and call for your records, bug them to death and i bet you'll get them sooner. Good luck and let me know when you can meet up.

Mrs.F said...

Uggh that is si annoying that they never bothered to mention something like that!! I really hope that you get everything in time for next cycle to begin IUI... good luck!