Thursday, March 5, 2009

The demise of Customer Service

This rant is not at all TTC related but I feel it must be said. What the h.e.l.l. is the problem with people not wanting to do THEIR JOBS anymore? In the past week, the following have happened to me:

1. Nurse at my RE's office- "Uh, thats like not my job to get your records from a department 3 doors down from our office. and you wanted me to actually TELL you that I didnt get the records for you? Dream on"

2. Worker at Home Depot- "I dont work in the lighting department. Im not sure who works there. I dont know how to find them. I GUESS I could find out who is able to help you" (and then he dissapears)

3. Bank Teller- "You want $100 in WHAT denominations? Thats alot of quarters and I dont have any more at my desk (it was 2 rolls of quarters that I asked for. Freakin' 2 rolls) Why do you need so many quarters anyways?" (the toll booth, if you must ask. And I will smack you)

4. Waitress at pizza place tonight- "Would you like cheese on your salad. Oh wait, I forgot the cheese grater in the back. Did you REALLY want cheese on your salad?" (That would be a YES. Now walk yourself 10 feet back into the kitchen and get the stinkin' grater)

Anyways, this irritates me to no end. I work with people all the time and I am constantly going out of my way to provide them with the information or service they need. I dont expect extraordinary service. At this point, I will take even mediocre service!

One more day until Friday, yay!



I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

9 comments:

Danse said...

OMG, how insanely annoying! What is WRONG with people?

Mrs. Hammer said...

Ha! I feel you. Working in a customer service related field I go out of my way as well. It does stink when the rest of the world can't provide the same service back. I have found myself 'talking to the manager' regarding employee behavior several times in the last two years. Sad but true!

Molly said...

Lol- I make the same rants frequently. People-- jeesh!

Bliss04 said...

i SO totally agree! i don't understand it anymore. people are so lazy sometimes!

Bekah said...

Shannon I know how you feel. Unfortunately this world is full of "It's not my job" workers. Uggh especially frustrating coming from a Business Major. But...so glad you got your records!

Ro said...

I completely agree with you!

flojat said...

Wow, you've had an insanely insensitive week, huh? Sorry, chickie. Hope things get better!

Amy said...

WOW! I can't stand people like that! I don't need them to be overly talkative or anything but a little politeness would be nice. Geez.. sorry you've gotten the rude treatment so many times this week.

Shannon said...

I dont know if its because I have worked in customer service all my life, but I really get annoyed when people dont do their jobs. I always call back and talk to a manager...I know that may be bad but if you work in customer service and cant even be friendly than you shouldn't have your job