Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday, March Madness and Twilight- Oh my!

I seriously think I am in heaven right now. Its Friday and in a few short hours, I can have dinner with my family and enjoy a nice glass of wine. I cant wait! Plus, I love watching the March Madness games and have alot of games that I am interested in...especially my grad school Alma Mater, Cleveland State. Come on' Vikings! Finally, Twilight comes out on DVD tomorrow and I was a bad, bad Twilight girl and never saw it in the theatre so I FINALLY get to see it tomorrow, Im so happy!

In 101 news, Dan and I completed a big item on my list- We increased our offering at church. This has been something that has been weighing on my heart lately. It first started when I came across this bible verse:

Proverbs 3:9-10
Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.


I never really thought of making an offering at church as a way of Honoring God but it is. He grants us everything we have and giving back to him is a way of showing appreciation and respect for what you have been given.

Also, our church means so much to me and Dan. I firmly believe that our church and faith has helped us grow into a God-loving couple and our marriage has truly benefited from it.

So we increased our offering and I am really excited to make the first offering on Sunday.

For those who are interested, here is a link to our church website, just so you can see where we go :

http://www.gracecma.org/


Other than that, not much else is going on. I am about 13 DPO today and, of course, no signs of my period. I am sure she will torment me by coming late, since I am ready to start the IUI!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!




And it’s a brand new day
It’s a brand new day
For the first time
In such a long long time
I know
I’ll be ok

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think that its so great that you all are able to increase your contribution. Its something my DH and I hope to do once we get done paying off some of our debt. I hope you have a great weekend!

Molly said...

I too love March Madness. Unfortunately, my Mississippi State Bulldogs stunk yesterday and lost in the first round. So much for the fun...

Bekah said...

Shannon,

How wonderful of you to do this. This is also something that I have major slackage on and I need to up the ante for church offering. Gaaah IUI is next Thursday and Friday for me. Can't wait to follow your progress! Prayers!

Bliss04 said...

i am so jealous that both you and Dan are on the same page with your religion. i can only hope that one day my dh and i have half of what you two share!

Melissa said...

Stopping by to send you luv

Molly said...

I'm feeling better now, but let me assure you that allergies aren't a seasonal thing in our house-- I don't know if it's the climate or just me, but I take Zyrtec every day of the year.