Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Its IUI time!

I woke up to a lovely surprise this morning and it wasn't a BFP. I swear, my body knows when I am going to test and decides to bring on my period at that exact moment. For the first time, however, I did not have any sadness. I am so full of hope right now, I feel like we are one step closer to our baby. I am very realistic. I know this might not work. I know it hasn't worked for many people. But I feel like its our chance to make this happen and I pray its our time!

My plan is to call the RE today and set up a CD 3 U/S. She wants to check me out before I start Clomid, which will be CD 5-9. If everything looks good on the U/S (no cysts) she will prescribe the Clomid. I will then go back for an U/S on CD 12 to check my follie size and hopefully trigger a few days after that. Very exciting!

Good luck to all my fellow bloggers who have also started our will be starting their IUI cycles. And continued prayers to everyone who is still walking in this IF journey, I think of you girls often!


The Gabe Dixon Band | All Will Be Well - More bloopers are a click away

That all will be well.
Even though sometimes this is hard to tell,
And the fight is just as frustrating as hell
All will be well.

27 comments:

flojat said...

(((hugs)))

I'm excited for you, too! I really hope this is it for you, hun!

osuraj said...

Shannon, I hope this works for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Silvina said...

I'm SO excited for you that your starting this. I do feel that this will bring you closer to your baby. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. GL hun.

Scullyhoyy said...

((hugs)) & prayers:)

Danse said...

LOTS of luck to you! You'll be in my thoughts.

Bliss04 said...

yay for you! gl!

gringa78 said...

Sorry about AF, but yay for IUI!!! Seriously, I'm so much more hopeful and excited this cycle than ever before....I think this is a new beginning for both of us!! Thinking of you everyday...keep me posted on everything.

Lindsay said...

I hope that this does the trick for you all! GL this cycle and keep us posted on everything!

Ro said...

((BIG HUGS))

I'm so excited for you, Shan! I wish you the best and you're in my prayers! Keep us updated!

Love ya!

♥ HisLovf ♥ said...

I'm so excited for you Shannie!
{{hugs}}

Mrs.F said...

Woohoo I'm sooooo excited for you to start IUI! Good luck girl!

Molly said...

I'm so freakin' excited for you, I can't maintain myself!

Shell said...

Good luck Shannon, I"m so excited for you guys.

Lindsey said...

Yay, I am so excited for you babe!!!

Sarah said...

Shannie, I'm so sorry about AF, but SO excited about your IUI. I think it's going to be fantastic and can't wait to hear how it goes!

Sniff

Amy said...

I absolutely love your attitude! GL with the IUI. I will be praying for you!

rls07 said...

Words cannot describe how excited I am for you. I hope that this is the end of your journey to the child you and Dan have been longing for. (((Hugs)))

Kristi said...

I am sorry that this wasn't your cycle, but so happy for you to move on to the next step. I can tell by your tone that you are ready for it. God's blessings! I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Shanny said...

Woohoo so exciting! Sorry about AF though...

GL this cycle! I really hope this IUI is the answer =)

Mary said...

Oh Shannon I am so excited for you!! GL!!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you to be moving on to IUI! I really, really hope it works for you.

Mel said...

shannon, i am so excited for you. i am so glad you finally decided to do this, though i would have never asked you to rush as it's obviously such a personal and big step. but i have so much hope and faith that this is right for you and that soon you'll have the proof. know i am thinking and praying for you!

Eris1995 said...

I'm so excited for you Shannon. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Tara White said...

Hey, spring is the time for new beginnings and it seems appropriate that you are starting this now. I'm thinking about you and Dan and wishing you the best. You seem to have a great attitude about this and sometimes those positive thoughts can help make all the difference. Good luck!!

Dianne said...

I am so excited for you! IUI may not have worked for me, but it does work for so many other people!!! Good Luck, and I can't wait to read about your journey!!!

Tessa said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://muffinsnow.com

Melissa said...

Soooooooooooo many hugs for you...hope you have 1st time IUI luck!