Monday, March 2, 2009

New Cause of the Month

I updated my blog with my new Cause of the Month, the cause is located on the right (not on the left like I mentioned below, I am directionally challenged)

I received an email on this month's cause from a friend, who was on a mission trip in the Dominican Republic. She told me that amongst some of the saddest things she saw, were the sight of children running through unimaginable things, all without shoes on. Shoes. Such a basic item that we take for granted. Heck, an item that many of us splurge on. And there are people out there that dont even have a basic pair. Makes me sad. So this is my newest cause, check it out!

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge


I also wanted to thank my readers (yet again) for being so supportive of me the other day. I dont ever take for granted the support and kind words that people so graciously extend to me and I need you each to know how much it means to me. I am constantly trying to be strong but its nice to know that when I find a weak moment and am brought down, you are all there to pick me up. Thank you!

3 comments:

Molly said...

What a fantastic cause....and as for picking you up, it's tough because you're so dang tall, but with a little help, we can get through anything!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Your cause is awesome! My mom does medical missions in Honduras and showed me pictures of the children who run around the city dump barefoot while looking for their dinner :( So many of them have stepped on glass or needles. This is so very needed!

Shannon said...

What a great cause!!
Shannon you have been here for so many of us, I cant imagine how anyone wouldn't be there for you.
Lots of hugs