Monday, March 23, 2009

Why I miss charting

Im a rather compulsive person and charting is good for someone like me. I liked tracking every little temperature, analyzing my CM and recording every sexual escapade, although Dan was mortified when he found out that people could see the days we had sex on. Anyways, I haven't really charted in a few months now. Sure, I will take a temp here and there to try to confirm O but overall, I've just given up on that aspect.

Its times like this, however, that I desperately miss it. I am sitting here at 16 DPO and have just realized I am probably not 16 DPO because, well, in all these months of charting my LP has always been 13-14 days. So whats a girl to do? Not much...except wait. Tomorrow will be CD 38 and my longest cycle to date has been 38 days so I guess if my period doesnt show up by Wednesday, I will test.

In other news, I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. I forget who recommended it when I asked for some work out videos but thank you to whoever did! I am only on day 3 and I wont lie- it is Kicking.my.butt but in a good way! I highly recommend this video to anyone looking for a work out.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

17 comments:

Shell said...

I wish you luck shannon. Did you temp in the AM to see if your temp was a high one???

jbwife said...

Lots of prayers for you this cycle!! I will be on here first thing Wednesday looking for the good news! Lots of hugs to you either way!

Mrs. Hammer said...

I hope AF shows up so you can get this IUI party started! I can feel you on the charting thing. I'm a type A charter myself and am kicking myself for not doing it this past month because I think we didn't time things right. I'm so charting this coming month.

Amy said...

Oh I really hope AF stays away! I'll be stalking you until Wed. so make sure to update your blog ASAP!

PS- I responded to your comment on my blog. :)

Carly said...

ohh shannon, i hope that this is it! I feel as that even if it is not (although I hope hope hope it is)- it is a good time for you because you are moving forward with your plan!

flojat said...

I'm still stalking your chart. : ) The way it looks to me, you've got to be at least 14dpo today, so my fingers are beyond crossed for you. In fact, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do my job today with them crossed like this, but I'll tough through it somehow!

Tara White said...

Playing the waiting game is torture but in a good way. I'm hoping that this is it for you but if not, you have exciting things in your near future. I'm praying for you and Dan! Keep me updated.

Lindsay said...

Yeah, although I enjoy not temping, the 2WW makes me wish I had. I hope that AF stays away and this is your BFP cycle. But if not, I hope she comes quick, so you can start your IUI cycle!

Bliss04 said...

i hope you find out one way or the other, either a BFP or on to IUI, both exciting!

Scullyhoyy said...

Sending a ton of BFP dust your way. ((hugs))

Dianne said...

Why can't a cycle just be predictable for once??????????

Bekah said...

Shannon ~ I used to chart my butt off until I became obsessed! I stopped a long time ago but I do sometimes wish I still did all of that stuff. I am praying that you get either a BFP or a speedy entrance into your IUI cycle. ((HUGS))

Kristin said...

Sending lots of babydust your way! I am half way through my first 2WW after taking a break from charting. I've also been sick with a bad cold so my temp was REALLY high yesterday, was hoping it was a shift in a triphasic pattern but its back WAY down today which I heard could happen during implantation and I'm 8DPO... you can see where my mind is going! CRAZY! Last chance for a baby in 09!

Kristen said...

I LOVE the 30 Day Shred workout! I've been doing it for a couple of months now and my butt is much higher now :D

Mrs.F said...

I recommended that video to you! I'm glad you like it... it's awesome. I'm praying AF stays away, but if not I have my fingers crossed for you next cycle with your IUI :)

Melissa said...

I can't wait to find out! GL!

gringa78 said...

I've been stalking you!!! Good luck tomorrow morning!!!! Fingers and toes crossed, hun!