Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter and my cross

What a beautiful day! Its wonderful to wake today and know that Jesus Christ died for me, a sinner, so that I may live in the Grace of God.



"In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand"


We went to church yesterday so that I could get ready for Easter this morning. In the service, our pastor talked about how we each have our own cross to bear. Jesus' cross was the burden of all our sins, past and future. Thinking about this made me think about my infertility. Its been such a heavy cross to bear at times but its also been a rewarding, humbling and spiritural process. As I look back on the past two years, I am no where near the person I was when I began this jounrey. Sure, I might be a bit more jaded and bitter at times but overall, I have learned patience, compassion, appreciation and an unending love for Jesus Christ. I dont know if I would have had opportunity to learn these things without my cross, infertility. Because of this, I thank God for loving me enough and trusting me enough to let me take this journey.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29