Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Month, New Cause

I seriously forgot today was the first day of April. I dont know where I have been...stuck in March, I guess. But since I just realized, I wanted to change my Cause of the Month on the right side. This month, my cause is March of Dimes.

March of Dimes is an important cause to me because my sister was a preemie. She was due in October but was born in July and was only a couple pounds when she was born. My sister has grown into such a beautiful and confident woman but I know my family often thinks of that small, sweet baby and remembers when they didnt know if she would make it.

My sister, mom and I are doing the March of Dimes walk at the end of the month and it will be a nice time to spend together and celebrate all of the great things done by this organization.

In 101 news, I have been slacking. I have 2 recipes to post to my food blog, I bought stuff to make my own greeting cards and I have the movie Citizen Kane (one of the classics I want to watch) sitting on top of the DVD player but havent put it in. I need to get moving!

Im on my last Clomid pill...thankfully. I have been a cranky mess this week and Im sure the pills are to blame. I am hoping the s/e diminish soon and that my ovaries get themselves in gear!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

8 comments:

Bekah said...

Shanny ~ Very worthy cause indeed. We are doing the March of Dimes at work. DH was a preemie also. Clomid is evil but you have reached the end so big hugs to you for even getting through those 5 days without ripping DH's head off! I am praying that your follies grow, grow, grow and I am looking forward to more updates!

Lindsay said...

Great Cause. I donate to them yearly through our work donation drive. I hope you start feeling better soon!

A said...

I love March of Dimes! Sending good thoughts your way! Are you charting this cycle? Did I miss that?

Audrey said...

I hope that Clomid will kick you into high gear babe! You're so sweet, what a great cause. Love you a ton!

Stephanie said...

March of Dimes is an amazing cause! Good luck with the clomid. I always had s/e when I was on it for a few weeks after my last pill, but I seemed to have really bad s/e in general. I am hoping and praying for great things for you this cycle!!

gringa78 said...

I'm watching you, Shannie! So glad you're on the last Clomid pill. :) It's won't be long until you're going in for your IUI!

BTW, I LOVE the quote in this post...just beautiful.

Mrs. Hammer said...

Good to hear that you are done with the clomid. Hopefully you get good news at your next u/s.

Z said...

Yay for last pill! And it's TOTALLY the Clomid making you that way ;) hehe..

Miss you darlin!