Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank you, Updates and NIAW

Its been a few days since I found out I am pregnant and I've been through a whirlwind of emotions. It started with shock, moved into fear and now has developed into pure excitement and love for the child I am growing inside of me. I already feel rather protective of our little Bubs (which is what Dan and I have decided to call the baby until we know the sex) and actually apologized when I ate a hog dog yesterday. (seriously? I forgot that pregnant women shouldnt eat them but they are so good! I'll try to be better from here on out!)

In updates, I only have results of my first beta at 14 DPO, which was 100. My 2nd draw was taken Saturday afternoon and my last draw will be this AM so I will have the final 2 numbers by tonight. Once I get the final 2 numbers, I get to set up my first U/S for 7 weeks! Holy moly, thats only a few weeks away.

I really need to thank all of you for your well wishes. I read them all back last night and was overcome with tears and it just solidified how greatful I am for each and every one of you. So thank you!

Finally, this week is National Infertility Week, sponsored by NAIW. I just ask that everyone takes a minute to say a prayer or think a kind thought for the millions of woman who struggle with IF each day. I know that, for me, IF is something I wont ever forget. The pain and struggle associated with it will forever haunt my heart. For anyone who is still TTC, please know that you are always in my thoughts.

https://secure2.convio.net/res/site/SPageServer?pagename=evt_niaw09_home&JServSessionIdr010=ramqy5lpo1.app46b


Just the other night the baby was cryin’
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile
And I held her tightAnd I told her it would be all right
And my mind went back to a few years ago
When we tried so longWe almost gave up hope
And I remember youComin' in and tellin’ me the news
Oh man we were livin’
Goin’ crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried

19 comments:

Bliss04 said...

i'm still so excited for you, Shannon. i thought of you all weekend and how you must be walking around just beaming! my the m/s stay away for you! what are your chances of multiples?

Audrey said...

Oh, darlin'... I have eaten so many corn dogs through this pregnancy that this kid will come out deep fried in batter. It's fine! LOL!

I love you doll!

Kelly and Natalie said...

I thought of you all weekend! Everytime I saw your FB page, I got a little smile. :) I hope your pregnancy is perfect, with none of the wretched morning sickness! I know you have been TTC for a long time, so you would probably welome it, but let me know if you need support or someone to complain to if it gets bad! Congrats again!

Shannon said...

Shannon your awesome! lol I didnt even know about the hot dog! Why is that???
Im so very excited for you Shannon!! Thanks for letting me know about the National IF week!
Lots of hugs and love

Shannon said...

I just went and googled the National IF week, and up game your blog on google:-) Just thought I would let you know:-)

Lindsay said...

I am still so happy for you! I can't wait to see what your beta's are!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Oooo...can't wait to hear the 2nd beta number! So...are you still testing?? I tested until 20 dpo - admitting it is the first step. :)

lovealways6565 said...

:o) Most of the "do not eat" stuff really isnt that bad! :) Remember everything in moderation!! Im sooo excited for you!!

Megan said...

Love that little poem! Don't worry about the small oops. Trust me, its hard to deny every craving. I just go with it and enjoy each sinful bite. Still so excited for you!

G & H said...

Love that song!!! I never listened to the words enought o hear that part but now I can't wait to here it!

And yeah for Beta's that are goign to double and rise and your perfect little one!!!

mtendere said...

I think for the first month I knew I was pregnant, every time I read about something new that I wasn't supposed to eat, I had just eaten it within the previous few days. My doctor said an occasional hotdog was fine as long as I "cooked the heck out of it."

Keep enjoying your pregnancy. I know that your journey will help you to appreciate everything so much!

Dianne said...

Wow I haven't blogged in a few days and look what I miss - CONGRATS!! This is awesome news!!

Ro said...

:D

Don't worry about the Hot Dog, Shan. As long as you cook it well, you're ok!

I agree with you about IF. My journey will forever be a part of me and has completely changed me as a person. In fact, the emotional/mental transition from IF-Ro to PG-Ro took quite a while.

Thank you for reminding us about NAIW.

G said...

I'm a little behind and just saw your news. Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. I've admired your faith throughout your journey.

Shanny said...

Yay for good beta number so early on, do let us know the other numbers as soon as you know =)

QCinOct said...

Just heard the good news. Congrats Shannon!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shannon - I used to go under Burbridgetobe on thenest but haven't been there for a while. Anyway, I've been "checkin' in" on you and am so happy for you and your DH!! It is wonderful news. Congrats :)

Silvina said...

I'm so excited for you. GL with your betas. Your 14 DPO was right around what mine was too. I can't wait to hear the other betas.

Mrs. Hammer said...

How exciting. And don't worry about the hot dog as long as it was heated through completely (to steaming). They are only an issue if you eat them cold. :) Same with lunch meat.