Friday, May 1, 2009

5 weeks and New Cause of the month

I cant believe a whole week has gone by! I decided to fill out the fun pregnancy survey that everyone does but I found an altered version, seems to be geared towards the earlier weeks.





I have also included a belly pic. I didnt realize how bloated I am until I saw this picture but hey! Its my first belly pic. So enjoy!









In 101 news, I have selected a new cause of the month. My cause is Treats for Troops and its an organization that helps put together care packages for soldiers. This cause helped me reach another goal on my 101 list (which Im still doing...I've slowed, but I still think about it) Its a great way to send something to a soldier to thank them, even in a small way, for their service to our country. Here is the website: http://www.treatsfortroops.com/


I hope everyone has a great weekend!


How far along: 5w

Total weight gain/loss: -2lb from last week

First symptom: Crazy cramps

Who was the first person, other than DH, that you told: My sister, she was so happy

Sleep: I fall asleep really early but then Im up too early, sometimes 4 AM.

Best moment this week:Getting all my betas back and making my first u/s appt

Movement: Nothing that isnt gas, lol

Food cravings: Uncle Ben's Rice Pilaf and Sloppy Joes. I have eaten alot of both in one week

Will you find out the sex: Yes, I would like to know. Oh and I already have a boy vibe

What I miss: Nothing right now. I feel great and am just really excited to be pregnant.

What I am looking forward to: First u/s...and Bub's first trip to a Cav's playoff game in the next couple days

Weekly Wisdom: Don't let DH read too much of WTEWYE. Dan read some of it and, well, lets say he is trying to ban any lunch meat (even if I promise to warm it up) from our house.

22 comments:

Amy said...

I am still super excited for you! And I absolutely love that you have a ticker and are doing belly pictures and the survey! Yay!

Kelly and Natalie said...

YAY belly shots!!!! :) I took my first one at 4 weeks and did them every 2 weeks til she came. They are fun to look back at!

Thanks for supporting a great cause! DH is in Air Force. :)

Shanny said...

I find it adorable that Dan is banning lunch meats, hee hee.
Sorry for you though :-/

Jessica said...

It is so exciting that this blog is now a PREGNANCY blog!! Keep the belly pics coming.

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Your first belly shot...*tear*. :)

I can't wait to see how you respond to pregnancy! I hope during the "nausea period" you don't throw up - I never did, thank God - but I always kept snacks on hand to avoid it. Just keep eating until you pass that stage - it helps!

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to see a pregnancy ticker in your blog! I'm still so excited for you Shannon! -Lopo :)

Carly said...

YAY SHANNON!! i love it. I also would say- i hated WTEWYE, i thought it was poorly set up and crazy thought provoking. I would highly highly recommend 'your pregnancy week by week'. They had a full chapter to each week that Eric and I read together each weekend- as opposed to WTEWYE's monthly chapters with just a weekly blurb.
oh and you will be happy to have an early belly shot- watching the change is the best part

Shannon said...

Awww your first belly shot!! I LOVE it!! Im super excited for you hun! lots of hugs

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

Hey- Glad all of your numbers are coming back well and that you are embracing your pregnancy bliss. Since I wrote it before you announced your pregnancy, you weren't on the list, but I'd like to add you to something that I'd like to do for everyone who gets pregnant after infertility. Read one of my recent blogs about it. It's way too early for you to know all of the information, but as soon as you do, I'd love to include you in it.

And I think it's really funny that you are getting boy vibes. This is the year of boys! There must be something in the water... worldwide!... or in the fertility treatments or something! Every single person I know is having a boy except for one who is adopting and one who is having twins- a boy AND a girl. It's weird!!!

Lindsey said...

That is funny, I also get a little boy vibe from you :)
And good job on the belly pic, it's so nice to start them early so you have a comparison!
I'm just so excited for you Shan!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats- so exciting! Wishing yuo a very blessed pregnancy :o)

lovealways6565 said...

YAY Shannon!!! :)

Tori said...

I found you through "the Bump", and was so excited to see someone there that had scripture in their signature, too! Praise God for these growing little ones!! I love the way you told your family, I may be stealing that. We haven't told yet, probably not for another month or so. Anyway, Congratulations to you, and praying for a healthy little one! - Tori

mtendere said...

It's great to see everything going so well. I'm looking forward to following your pregnancy!

flojat said...

I'm in love with your first belly pic!

tara White said...

I love seeing your belly pics. it's so fun to see how you will grow and change. i told myself i would take pictures every month and i didn't. i regret it so take them even if you don't feel like you've grown. your body changes and you don't even notice. it's so much fun and i'm still so excited for you>>>>>

Ro said...

Yay!

I love everything about this post :D

goeckie said...

You can't have a boy. Who is Wyatt going to marry then?

Megan said...

I love the belly shot! Its amazing how quickly you bloat up too! My only advice is to invest in a belly band when the pants start getting tight. They are a life saver! They also help keep your shirt down. And the whole lunchmeat thing? that's basically just the stuff out of the deli. Anything that is packaged by Oscar meyer and any other companies like that are held to a higher standard and are much safer. Still so excited for you!

SaraRyan said...

Shannon!!! I'm beyond thrilled to see you're expecting!!

Congratulations to you & Dan and I'll keep you both in my prayers for a happy & healthy 9 months!!

-Sara

Mrs.F said...

yay so exciting! can't wait to see that belly grow :)

Jess said...

Lovin the belly pic...And the BOY VIBE!