Sunday, May 24, 2009

8 weeks and The Cavs



Well, Im late with my update but here is my 8 week belly pic:


If Im being honest, my pants are alot tighter. Not tight (yet) but tighter. I look forward to the end of the day when I can put on a jersey dress or a nightgown and be more comfortable.


I am feeling ok. The nausea and food adversions are just really hard for me. I have a long, long list of food that makes me dry heave if I even think about them. I have only gotten sick a couple times and overall I am functioning normally so I am really grateful for that.


Finally in baby news, my grandpa brought over a rocker that has been in our family for 5 generations and now I will get to rock my babies in it. Its absolutely beautiful and its so special to be able to use it. Here is a picture of it in our living room. It will most likely stay here until we can clear out the nursery, which is amongst the many projects we need to do.


Finally, I have added a link from one of the coolest things in sports that I have ever seen. And listen, Im from Cleveland. We dont have many sports-related things to be excited about so this shot is pretty exciting. Lets Go Cavs!


17 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is really special that you got the rocking chair, and it is gorgeous. Sorry you can't eat much hun:(

Grasso10 said...

I love the rocking chair-we had one like that growing up as well.

I could watch that video over & over! LETS GO CAVS!!!! Cleveland needs/deserves/has been waiting for this!!

BabyBurns said...

It's so cool to have something that has been in your family for so long. I still can't believe you're having twins. I am so happy for you!! I was thinking about you the other day and how you're going to have the best time being pregnant (ok, the end won't be fantastic, but you'll love it, I promise!!) Hope you start feeling better!!

Bliss04 said...

hopefully your nausea subsides soon, i know it's not fun. i still can't believe you're having twins! have a great long weekend!

Shannon said...

The rocking chair is beautiful!! And it makes it very special that it has been in your family for so long. I actually got tears in my eyes when you mentioned that you will be rocking your babies in it. WOW You are so blessed Shannon!! I am very happy for you!
Thinking of you!
((hugs))

Lindsay said...

What a great family heirloom.

Jenn said...

I am a little late in finding this out, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! on getting pregnant! :) I am so happy for you and cant wait to follow your pregnancy.

Shanny said...

So cool that you get to use such special rocking chair with your babies!

gringa78 said...

Love your tummy, love the rocker, and love you talking about the nursery! Such exciting things...thinking of you and the twins!

Ro said...

I love the rocking chair! That is so sweet :D And your belly as well!

As for the Cavs... well, I'll be nice ;)

flojat said...

I love the rocker! How cool is that??!!

mtendere said...

What a wonderful gift from your family. What a wonderful time of anticipation it is!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Man, I fall off the blogosphere and you start baking not one, but two cup cakes! How amazing, Congratulations!!! How precious is it to rock your long awaiting babies in the family rocking chair.

P.S. The Calves game WAS amazing, not as amazing as two cup cakes but still, pretty amazing.

Z said...

That's such an amazing piece. I love the rocking chair.

You are so cute and I love your belly shot. :) I can't believe you're getting to do TWINS belly shots.. hehehe

Heather said...

Ive been following your blog and I wanted to say how cool it is that you have the rocking chair!
However, I also wanted to say, as I live in Orlando- GO MAGIC! 301 in the series now!
Sorry, I had to!
Hope everything goes smoothly for your pregnancy!

G & H said...

Hey I was just browsing blog world and thinking about ya! Hope your doing wonderful with those little twinsies:)

Carly said...

aww the rocking chair bit made me ter up- how special. i can't wait to see that non-belly grow!!!