Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Friends and changing symptoms

I am blessed to have supportive and wonderful friends. I have friends I met a long time ago, friends from high school, some from college, some I met while working. Each one of my friends has such a special place in my heart and through my journey to become a mother, they have supported me unconditionally.

I also have friends I have never met. And that would be most of the people that read my blog. The people who are willing to cheer me on and have never actually looked me in the eye. Its pretty amazing. I also chat on a message board with a group of girls and those girls have become an important part of my life. A part that has picked me up when I was sad and laughed with me when I was happy. I came home the other day to find a package from them with a necklace. The necklace is a Circle of Friends necklace and it represents the never-ending friendship that comes along with true friendship. This gesture, given to me as my first Mother's Day gift, brought me to tears and it means to the world to me.

I tried to take a picture but honestly, it didnt do it justice. Here is a picture from the website:
In pregnancy news (oh wow, its weird not to say TTC news) my symptoms are changing every day. Up until Sunday, I was starving and couldnt eat enough. Then this week, the food adversions set it to pretty much everything. Its a stretch to think of anything that my body wants to eat and I am on and off nauseous all day. Its very managable thus far and I hope it stays like this and doesnt progress any further. Other than that, Im still tired and had to skip the Cavs playoff game last night because there was no way I could have stayed up until 11. (I actually didnt make it past 8, lol)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

23 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful necklace! I feel very blessed to have "e-friends" as well. Glad to hear you are doing well. Hopefully that m/s will stay away!

Mary said...

We love you so much Shannon. Thank you for being there for each and every one of us.

Shannon said...

Aww thats a beautiful necklace!!
Praying for you hun, lets hope the m/s doesnt come!

Leannabanna said...

That is a beautiful neclace!

Hope the morning sickness stays away... but to ward it off a little, try preggie pop drops. They helped me out when mine was mild!

Lindsay said...

Awww, so sweet! I love that necklace. I hope you get your appetite back soon ;-)

Jessica said...

Isn't it amazing the support and generosity we bloggers receive from each other. Love the necklace, hope the m/s stays far away.

lily225 said...

What a beautiful necklace!! What a nice surprise!

Kelly and Natalie said...

Here's hoping your m/s is short-lived and continues to be manageable!!! Eat, eat, eat, even if you don't want to! Carbs are your friends! :) Love ya!

Ro said...

We love you so much, Shan!

Andrea said...

it's a beautiful necklace!

Shell said...

so sweet! I love my e-friends too!

Megan said...

very beautiful ladies!
m/s sucks, but remember, its the best sign we have that everything is going well! Praying you don't end up chucking the up at all.

Silvina said...

How nice of your friend to send you that. I hope the m/s doesn't kick in anymore than that. The tiredness will continue for quite a while. I hope your getting some rest.

Mel said...

happy first mothers day! know we are all here for you!

rls07 said...

Shannon, you are probably one of the most genuine people I have ever met. I'm glad to have you as one of my e-friends.

Shanny said...

Such a beautiful necklace and even more beautiful is the thought behind it =)

Melissa said...

Muah!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

My nauseousness went away at 10 weeks - hang in there! Just don't let your stomach get too empty, that was when mine was the worst. Food aversions were the worst part of my pregnancy...well up until the heartburn set in every day...ah the joys! It's all worth it in the end. :)

A said...

What message board are you on these days? I stop in on GP every once in a while, but never see anyone I know. I love the necklace, it's so pretty!

osuraj said...

I'm glad to hear things are progressing smoothly!

Also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a sisterhood award! Visit my blog for more details : )

tara White said...

i love the website you are using for your pregnancy ticker. the pictures are so cool. i will definitely use that website when i start trying again. I hope your feeling okay. talk to you soon.

Molly said...

Shandan! I haven't even read your blog but saw the beautiful ticker at the top of the page! I've woken up in the middle of the night quite often lately thinking of you and your IUI. I'm SO pleased that everything went well for you, and I can't wait to go back and read about it.

FANTASTIC!!!!

Elisa said...

We love you Shan!! MUAH!!