Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 11(ish) and the NT scan decision

So I realized that by the time I post my belly pic, its almost the next week. Im going to need to get better at that! I cant believe that in a week and a half, I will be in the Second Trimester, it seems crazy!

Here is my 11 week belly pic:
Im still wearing regular clothes but I have also bought some maternity items that I plan to wear shortly. I have had people tell me that its too early to have a baby bump and that anything I have is bloat but whatever it is, its making my pants hard to button :)

Dan and I also made our decision about the NT scan. My OB indicated it was completely up to us so we talked and prayed about it and after much discussion, we decided not to do the scan. Our decision was based on two things: 1. I wouldnt want to go any further with testing (amnio, etc) 2. We are getting an u/s a month because of the twins and they will be able to detect possible issues that way. So if there is an issue with either of the babies, we could get our advanced warning that way. Since we arent doing the scan, my next appointment is the beginning of July and then three weeks after that will be our BIG Ultrasound.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.

23 comments:

Danse said...

You're so tiny! I was in maternity clothes at 10.5 weeks (I think).

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

You are looking great for 11 weeks and carrying twins. The bump will come soon enough! Enjoy not having one while you can. :) Sleep on your tummy for me tonight!

mtendere said...

You look great. If you're more comfortable in maternity clothes, then go for it. I bought some pretty early and it was so much better than making do with clothes that didn't fit. People are still telling me at 22 weeks that I'm not showing. Of course I have way more extra fluff than you to hide the bump!

I'm glad you made your decision about the NT scan and that you're happy with it. Once you get through the 2nd tri screening and big u/s you'll wonder why you agonized so much. At least that's how it was for me.

Scullyhoyy said...

You look great! Definetly get a belly sleeve, Love that thing.

Bee said...

You're looking great!! You have two babies in there - you're allowed to call it a baby belly at this point. :)

Glad you came to a decision about the NT scan. It's never easy to make choices about your babies!

Lindsay said...

You have two little miracles inside. Five months from now you will wonder how you were once so small, as you are now, and how your belly has grown so big. I am sure you are looking forward to each u/s so you can see your little babies again.

Mary said...

Shannon - you look great!!!

Megan said...

That's so awesome you have a tiny bump! Bloat or not, you are bound to show sooner with two. lol And with maternity clothes or not, the styles now are so great (I LOVE Kohl's) that they don't look like maternity. You look awesome and sounds like you have a good firm plan in place for the next 9 weeks. Good luck and keep on growing those beautiful babies!

G & H said...

you look great! glad the Lord llead you to your decision! thinkin o you and your littleones

gringa78 said...

You look beautiful!! So excited that you and the babies are moving into 2nd Tri so soon!!

Lindsay said...

You're looking great!! I can't believe your almost in the second tri!!

jbwife said...

You wear those maternity clothes as soon as you want to! I outgrew my regular pants very very quickly. With twins, it just happens early.
I can't wait to hear about the big ultrasound! You need two little girls for our boys :)

Mrs.F said...

You're so tiny still! So cute :) Can't believe you're almost in 2nd tri!!

Lindsey said...

I totally think it's possible to have a bump at this stage, especially since you're carrying twins!
I'm glad you and Dan made a decision you both feel comfortable with. We didn't get the scan either and I'm happy with our decision.

Eris1995 said...

You look fabulous! I can't believe you are almost in 2nd tri already.

Bliss04 said...

i think that's a great decision! and bloat smoat, my pants were fitting tighter right around this time for me, so call it your bump!

flojat said...

Love the pic! I can't believe how fast time is passing, either. Before you know it I'm going to be at their second birthday party. ;-)

A said...

I see a little bump!! But yes, you're still so tiny! You're gonna be one of those very cute perfectly cute PG ladies! ;)

Mrs. Hammer said...

Time flies fast! You'll have a super bump before you know it. How fun to get to have a bunch of ultrasounds to always be keeping track of your babies :)

Molly said...

I think you look great, and I agree with others-- wear maternity clothes when you want and don't let anyone tell you that's not a baby bump!

Ames said...

Shannon I'm so excited for you! Congrats girl! :) (Ames070205)

Ava and the Trips said...

You look so tiny! I totally agree with your decision on the NT Scan. We didn't have a choice with the triplets and we were put through months of worrying over nothing.

Kelly said...

Don't let people tell you it's too early to show. I am only about a week ahead of you and I am noticeable prego...don't care what people thing. Everyone grows differently! I hope you start to feel better soon!