Monday, July 27, 2009

6 years?!

Dan and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. I just can't believe its been 6 years! Here is a picture taken at my parent's house on Friday. Its actually the first picture of me pregnant that isnt a belly picture- kinda cute.



We spent most of the weekend cleaning and painting the basement, which needed to be done. Lately, we are trying to make the most of our weekends. Making the most of our weekends consists of us tackling my monster To-Do list. About two weeks ago, I put together this massive cluster of all the things I need/want/insist must be done before the babies come. Some of the items are small, like purchase baby detergent and some of the items are large, like oh I dont know, re-landscape the entire front/side/back yards. So each weekend, Dan and I pull out the list (which I swear Dan keeps trying to hide and I dont blame him one bit) and plan what to complete from it. We are slowly making progress and I am also slowly realizing that in all honesty, there are items that dont have to get done and the babies can still come home.

Other than that, nothing is going on. I did want to thank each of you that offered advice on registering. I really appreciate all the blog comments and emails I received. They gave me some guidance and also confidence in my decisions so thanks!

Hope everyone has a good week!

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright


17 comments:

Jessica said...

You look so cute with your little preggo belly. My DH who name is also Dan has been trying to "lose" our To-Do list too!!
I LOVE that song...its one of my favorites.

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Chris and I did the same thing, made the most of our weekends to prepare for the baby. We painted, remodeled one bathroom and replaced the flooring in our kitchen, reorganized closets and got rid of/sold/donated TONS of stuff, too.

Oh, and don't waste money on baby detergent. Free and Clear type detergents are mostly recommended and are much, much cheaper. Just don't use fabric softener - apparently it can make baby clothes and blankets less flame retardant.

Love the pic of the two of you!! Congrats on 6 years. :)

Kristi said...

Happy anniversary! What a great picture of the two of you.
Good luck on the to do list. It is good to have goals, but also to realize it doesn't ALL have to get done.

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours is on Wednesday - 3 years. :)

You look adorable with your little belly!

Kelly and Natalie said...

You are the cutest!

gringa78 said...

Love your little pregnant self! You look beautiful!!!!!!!!

Danse said...

You look adorable! Happy anniversary! You're so good with the lists, I just made mine the other day.

Megan said...

Love the hint of a belly under the shirt! Too cute, you two!
And Alicea is on the nose with the baby detergent. I've been told all it does is make the clothes smell more like a baby.
I wish I had a to-do list made up that I could take care of! you are so organized!

Silvina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I definitely see that cute baby bump. You look adorable.

Kaitlyn said...

So adorable-- happy anniversary!

osuraj said...

You look so cute! I am totally the same way with the "honey-do" list and you are farther along then me. There becomes this sense of urgency that didn't exist before...but definitely in a good way! :-)

Shanny said...

Its a great picture! Don't be silly now =)
Happy 6 year anniversary!!!

Molly said...

Y'all are just too cute for words. Happy Anniversary....and good luck with that list.

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carly said...

happy anniversary!! It took me a double take to be like 'wait, thats not shandan, it is hillary swank and gerard butler..."

I had such a to do list, and in the end I said screw it. When my mom stayed with me she helped me with some of it (cleaning out the pantry/medicine cabinet). But the truth is, you can do it all, you can only do a few things- not much on it is necessary for the babies to come home!

i love the pic too! I can see a belly :)

lovealways6565 said...

SHANNON!!! You are soo cute!! :o) I just wanted to say congrats on making it six years! YAY!! :o)

Bliss04 said...

aww, you look so cute- i love it!