Sunday, July 19, 2009

Time is flying!

Wow, I've been such a slacker with my blog. I always mean to update it but then something else comes up (mostly sleep, haha) I have been feeling really good lately. My morning sickness is gone, aside from some mild nausea once in awhile. I have a few food adversions still but overall, I can go shopping for food, cook and eat without being nauseous. It such a blessing to feel better!

The exhaustion, on the other hand, hasnt gone away. I am able to stay up later than I did in first trimester but I joke that the twins are sucking the life out of me. Its ok, though, I will take the exhaustion over the nausea any day.


I do have a new belly picture for my 16th week and from here on out, I will just do monthly pictures. I think its funny that I did weekly pictures for awhile, I guess I was just so excited! Here it is:


This week will be fun, baby-wise. I am going to BRU with my sister, mom and grandma so we can check out all the items I might want to register for. I honestly have only been to BRU a handful of times and aside from what I have read in Baby Bargains and heard from friends, I dont know much about baby stuff so it should be informative and fun. Dan and I will register the day we find out the sexes of the babies and I hope to be armed with a pretty detailed list when we go in there so I dont get overwhelmed.

Finally, RIP to my parent's oldest dog Amber. They had to put her down this past Friday and she will be deeply missed.

I hope everyone has a good week!

How far along: 16w4d

Total weight gain/loss: Up 4 lbs

Sleep: I was sad to read in WTEWYE that I should no longer be on my back (as of week 14, oops) so I am trying to sleep on my side more. The jury is still out on if I like it or not- every time I wake up, I have returned to my back.

Best moment this week: Feeling what I think could be baby flutters. Very light, but noticable.

Food cravings: Raspberry Seltzer Water, Honey Bunches of Oats

Have you bought any baby stuff: Still nothing. At this point, we are waiting until the big ultrasound.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night without getting up to pee.

What I am looking forward to: Going to BRU with my mom, grandma and sis

Wisdom: Dont take to heart every piece of advice people give you on being pregnant, registering, birth, etc. Always remember, its only one person's opinion.

Lord let me shine, shine like the moon

A reflection of You in all that I do

Lord let me be a light for Your truth

Light of the world, I wanna be used to shine for You


20 comments:

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Sleep on your back for as long as you feel comfortable. Your body will tell you when you should roll over on your side. Once you start getting bigger you'll notice it will be harder to breathe on your back and you'll actually feel a little dizzy. I'm SO looking forward to sleeping on my back and tummy!

You look amazing, too!!!

Ava and the Trips said...

Have fun at BRU...so much stuff! It will be so exciting when you register though!

Tara White said...

i tried so hard not to sleep on my back. i couldn't get comfortable any other way but i was too freaked out since everyone tells you not to. i never got dizzy or felt out of breath so i should have went with it anyways. Do what you can to sleep and be comfortable. women have been having babies long before all these "rules" came out. Can't wait to rub your belly!!!

Lindsay said...

Glad you're feeling good! Have fun at BRU!

Elisa said...

look at your adorable baby bump!! i love it! have a great time at BRU. i can't believe your BIG u/s is so soon...MUAH!

Mrs.F said...

I'm glad the nausea is gone! I'm so excited for your big u/s. You're almost halfway done!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Glad to hear the nausea is gone. I would have to agree that anything would be better than nausea. Enjoy your BRU trip.

Megan said...

my dr said sleeping on your back isn't bad and eventually, you will try to sleep on your back and won't be comfy doing so and will readjust. Have fun at BRU. I love how you can shake and beat up the stuff there instead of just looking online at things. Make sure you bring baby bargains with you when you register. I get overwhelmed when we go to look at things and its easier to look it up then and there.
And your bump is so cute! I love how much you are showing already! Hi babies!

mtendere said...

You continue to look great. I'd ditto the other ladies about sleeping on your back. Ask your doctor, if you're concerned. WTEWYE seems to overdo it about some things. I sometimes put a small pillow under my right side so that I'm mostly on my back, but not flat. Of course, now my belly is getting big enough that it's not comfortable for long stretches.

Glad you're feeling better!

Scullyhoyy said...

What a cute bump! & yay for no more m/s, that is awesome. Keep up the good work Shann!

Carly said...

you look great!!!! i can't wait until 8/4

Shanny said...

oooh enjoy BRU!!!!

Leannabanna said...

Shannon - time is flying! Sleep on your back for a little bit more. Its really only bad for you once the babies get bad enough to compress the blood flow getting to them! YOU look fantastic for 16 weeks and with twins!!! Cant wait to see the big u/s pictures!

Kristi said...

Look at that cute little bump!!! Love it.

gringa78 said...

Hey Shan! I first want to say how freakin' cute your baby bump is and second, want to thank you for your continued support...your marathon comment on my blog the other day totally cheered me up. Your babies will be here before you know it!!! Have fun at BRU!

Tara white said...

Oh yeah...Babies r us is so much fun! it's much better than registering for a wedding. JR and i had a blast walking around there. Just don't go on a weekend andgive yourself tons of time to register. i think we went back several times. Target is also good.

Molly said...

We had a lot of fun with our registries, so I know you guys will too. As far as sleeping on your back...I was a tummy sleeper and kept waking up that way. My OB said that if you're hurting the babies, you'll wake up feeling a bit sick to your stomach, dizzy, etc. You'll shift back to your side and be fine.

It's all part of nature's way of taking care of our little ones. You look amazing...don't be such a stranger.

flojat said...

I like the weekly belly pictures! LOL You look great, hun. And I'm SO glad the morning sickness is gone. Yay!

Mrs. Hammer said...

That's the song I've had in my head for the past two days. But since I was trying to get knocked up I've been saying knocked down :) Struck down just seemed too violent.

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,性感影片,正妹,聊天室,
情色論壇