Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Im here, Im here!

I've been a bad blogger. Its been almost 2 weeks since my last post! I wanted to let everyone know Im here and alive. We've been pretty busy with baby related things including:

1. We ordered our nursery furniture. My parents and grandparents were generous enough to buy it as an early shower gift and we couldnt be happier. We hope it comes in within the next few weeks.

2. Dan painted the nursery. We chose a tan color because our nursery decor is pretty colorful. We are going with Cocalo Alphabet Soup decorations, here is a pic:
3. We signed up for our birthing classes, which starts in December. Dan is also signed up for "Daddy Boot Camp" I think both classes will be helpful for us.


I am officially in maternity pants and, if I am being honest, pretty uncomfortable right now. Im having some moderate to severe rib pains which my doctor attributes to everything shifting up and the fact that Baby Boy is positioned high. Well whatever it is, it hurts! I wince when I laugh, I want to cry when I cough. Hopefully my body adjusts to this soon!

Here is a 21 week belly pic. Its official, I have popped. But other than the rib pain, I really do feel good. Im really getting excited when I think about the fact that the babies will be here in a few short months.



I hope everyone is having a good week. Even though I havent written in 2 weeks, I have been reading everyone's blogs and keeping up to date.

26 comments:

Lindsay said...

OMG, you've been a busy little bee! How excitihng about getting everything picked out and getting the cribs ordered! You've definitely pooped!

Kristen said...

LOVE the belly! So cute!

Shanny said...

Awww the nursery decor is adorable!!! And you look great too =)

Eris1995 said...

You look fantastic!! I love the bedding and can't wait to see pictures of the nursery when it's done.

osuraj said...

You look great Shannon...you're such a cute pregnant person. :-)

Scullyhoyy said...

You look so adorable & your smile could light up a room. Love the Alphabet soup bedding, my nephew has it. Super cute!!

Kelly and Natalie said...

You are so stinkin cute and look so happy! How are you 21 weeks already! :) I love the bedding!

*Bee* said...

You have gotten so much accomplished! Good work, mama! And you look too cute for words - what a perfect little belly!!

Amy said...

You look so adorable! Glad to hear everything is well and you're getting to work on the nursery! So fun!

Mary said...

You look adorable!!! And, I love the nursery stuff you picked out. Very nice!

Mrs. Hammer said...

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable but you do look cute. The nursery decore is adorable!

gringa78 said...

You look sooooo beautiful!!! LOVE the new belly pic! LOVE the nursery decor...and LOVE you!

flojat said...

Look at that belly!!! I love it! The nursery's gonna be adorable. As are your offspring. Muah!

Leannabanna said...

Looking good, Shannon! WOW! You got a lot done! Enjoy it all!!!!!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Awww...look at you! Sorry you are so uncomfy, I don't think I truly started getting that way until my 7th or 8th month. Then it was all downhill from there.

Love the nursery decor!!!

Elisa said...

you.look.adorable.

the nursery stuff you've selected is super cute!

Lindsey said...

Yay for a cute belly pic! You are simply adorable and just glowing.
I'm so excited to hear that Dan is going to the Daddy Boot Camp class. Brian loved his class and still talks about it, he goes back as a veteran Dad to help out the rookies :)
Glad things are going well, love the nursery!

mtendere said...

Look at that beautiful belly! And I love the alphabet bedding! Glad to know all is well.

lovealways6565 said...

YAY SHANNON!!! :O) I love the decor! Soo Colorful! Thats great that your parents and grandparents were generous enough to buy the furniture! Birthing classes were great for us and DH did a similar thing called Daddy's night in where all the dads "learn" how top do things! lol. You look fabulous btw!

Megan said...

You have popped that first pop! you look great though. The bedding is so cute and I love all the colors! It really is a relief to get the crib and nursery stuff ordered, huh? lol
And I gotta say, the Daddy Bootcamp classes? Too funny! Have fun!

Silvina said...

You look so cute with your bump! I like the nursery design. Hope to see pictures when it's all done.

Bliss04 said...

awww, look at that cute belly! the nursery is going to be so cute!

Tara White said...

you have the cutest belly and nursery bedding. I almost picked that one too. it's great for a boy and girl. i can't wait to see you soon. I want to rub your belly, i hope you won't mind:)

Stephanie said...

I love the nursery decor! So cute! :) Oh, and the rib pain! I feel ya. That was awful. If I'm being honest...I'll tell you that I still have pain on my upper left side from time to time. My OB and primary doc tell me it is still related to the pregnancy and things having been all shifted around, muscles having been stretched waaaay out. Well ouch! It still hurts 4 months later.

You are looking adorable!!!

A said...

You're belly is just tooooo cute!! Missed you, but totally understand! Take it easy! :)

Mrs.F said...

wow you totally did pop! you look adorable!!