Monday, August 3, 2009

Reflection

I cannot believe it. Tomorrow we find out the sexes of our babies. Is it possible that I am almost 19 weeks? It amazes me every day that I have 2 babies growing inside of me. It has become impossible for me to ever forget I am pregnant- my belly has gotten alot bigger and I can now feel them moving ever so slightly.

I guess I want to remember this today forever. The day before I find out an important part of the babies who will grow into the bundles of joy that Dan and I get to hold. Who will become the toddlers that run around and tear up our house. Who will become teenages that slam our doors and beg to drive our cars. Who will become adults that we will forever be proud of. Tomorrow just seems like such a special day and I am so excited its finally here.

We are having our entire family over for dinner tomorrow night, where we will reveal the sexes to them. After that, I promise to provide an update. Until then, keep the babies in your prayers- we hope that they look healthy on the ultrasound.

Hope everyone is having a good week!



And I wouldn't change a thing
I'd walk right back through the rain
Back to every broken heart
On the day that it was breakin'
And I'd relive all the years
And be thankful for the tears
I've cried with every stumbled step
That led to you and got me here, right here

It's amazing what I let my heart go through
To get me where it got me
In this moment here with you
And it passed me by
God knows how many times
I was so caught up in holding
What I never thought I'd find
I know now, there's a million roads
I had to take
To get me in your arms this way

16 comments:

G & H said...

Shannon that's so exciting I can't wait! What a beautiful 2 blessings you have growing inside of you!!!

gringa78 said...

I am SO excited for you!!!! What a big day!! I can't wait to read the update tomorrow night...sending lots of love and good wishes to you, Dan, and the twins!! Thinking of you!

P.S. Thank you, as always, for your incredible support. Don't know what I'd do without you. :)

Shell said...

I'm so excited I can't wait!!! Please come to the life board and share the news :)

Kelly and Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, exciting! I can't wait for an update! Here's hoping they show the goods and, more importantly, that you see two beautiful and healthy babies! :)

Ava and the Trips said...

How exciting...can't wait to hear!

Lindsay said...

OMG! I can't believe you already 19 weeks. Its crazy how fast time flies!! I can't wait to find out what you're having. GL tommorow

goeckie said...

Ahhhh! I just can't wait. I can't believe it's here though! I'm so happy and freaking excited for you guys!

Lindsey said...

Oh man, I got the chills because I am so excited for you guys to find out!! Update ASAP okay!!

Leannabanna said...

WOW! 19 weeks - I cannot wait to find out what you are having. Good luck tomorrow at the u/s. Bring tissues!

Eris1995 said...

I am SO excited for you! That's great that you are telling your families over dinner. I can't wait to find out!!

osuraj said...

How exciting! I will be waiting to see what happens!!!

Stephanie said...

Saying many many prayers for two very happy healthy babies today at your u/s! I can't WAIT to hear the news of if they are girls or boys!! Oh how exciting!

lovealways6565 said...

YAY!! i PROMISE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT! :O) GOOD LUCK AND YALL ARE IN OUR PRAYERS!!

Dianne said...

Wow, it feels like just yesterday when I read about your BFP!! Time flys!!

Shanny said...

This is so flipping exciting!!!
:::lots of healthy and awesome ultrasound dust:::

Megan said...

SO excited for you! Keep growing those beautiful babies!