Monday, September 28, 2009

And the names are...

After much discussion, false calls (we thought we had names at one point and even told our families) and yelling names up and down the hallways of our house to see what they sound like, we have selected names for our twins.

The boy is Joshua Robert. Robert is after my paternal grandpa and my only uncle, who passed away 2 years ago. The name means "God Saves" which is a pretty powerful message.

The girl is Emma Sophia. Sophia is after my maternal grandma. I never thought I would select a more popular name but I cant explain it, she feels like an Emma. And she already likes the name- she kicks like crazy when I call her by the name :)

So there they are. It feels even more real to have names for our babies. I have a growth ultrasound tomorrow and my 27 week (along with my GD test) on Wednesday so I will post an update then.

I hope everyone had a good Monday!

"The faith of knowing deep inside your heart
That heaven holds more than just some stars
Someone's up there watching over you
That's the kind of day I wish for you" Faith Hill's Wish for You

28 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the names! I had so much fun picking out names. I even keep thinking of new ones. I guess that means that we will have to have more some day!

Amy said...

I absolutely love the names you picked out! :)

BabyBurns said...

I love them!! Great choices :)

Jesse and Mandy Peterson said...

I think it's great when names mean something so special to you. And I like the names Joshua and Emma.

Jessica said...

Very cute!! I love how you yelled there names down the hall to see how they would sound...that's something DH and I would do!!

*Bee* said...

Those are great names, Shannon!! I love them! How exciting to have that detail nailed down, huh?

Mary said...

Those are beautiful names! And, I love the family connections!

Bliss04 said...

those are great names! isn't it great to refer to them as a name now? they're really coming!

Rachel H. said...

Beautiful names! Can't wait to have my GD test and go back to the doctor...I love going to the doctor's office! :)

Kate said...

CONGRATS on picking names! What an awesome way to feel even more connected to the little guys inside your tummy. They are beautiful, and they sound so perfect together!

Lindsay said...

Love the names!

flojat said...

Love them SOOO much!

Jessica said...

Great name choices! It feels so much more real once you can call them by name. :)

Shanny said...

Those are beautiful names, I love the combos with the middle names!

Dianne said...

beautiful!!!

Kristen said...

Great choices!

Mrs.F said...

I love both of the names!! Your girl name is absolutely beautiful. We need more belly pics too!

LOVEDBYD said...

Those names are perect! Hope you and babies are doing well!

Pickle123 said...

Awww, sweet names. :) So happy for you!

Alicea (mnbride1013) said...

Love the names!

Megan said...

Those names are so classic and timeless! Sounds awesome!
Welcome to the third tri too. Those babies will be here in NO time! Can't wait to see more photos!

lovealways6565 said...

Shannon those are great names! :o) I love them! I bet you are getting soo anxioius! I know I was around this time. Great choices!!

Silvina said...

I love the names, especially that they are named after family members. I can't believe your all ready in your third tri! Times is going by fast, huh? The twins will be here before you know it.

Shannon said...

Awww I love the names!!! And of course I really love Emma ;-)

A said...

LOVE em'!!!!

Carly said...

i love the names- gorgeous. And i don't know if i told you, but i love the nursery!

Stephanie said...

I love the names! I remember when we finally picked our names too, and it felt so much more real then. Enjoy every second of having them kick around in there, it is such an amazing time! :)

hopefaithlove said...

love the names!